Hacking Someone for the love of god...

Ninja-jo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider this one of those "Long time listener, first time caller" posts.

I will get straight to the point.

I have a DSlite. Inside the Slot 1 of this DSlite I have an EDGE card. It plays my DS games, and emulators I put on it. Awesome.

I NEED a slot 2 card to play GBA games... obviously.

My one and ONLY question is what Slot 2 card will work with an EDGE card?

From the countless searching I've done for the past 4 hours, I've uncovered only one post that tells me that EZ flash 3 in 1 has issues with memory when used with an EDGE card. If this is true than **** that. I need a card that saves when it is supposed to. DUH.

So, To simplify once more.

I have an EDGE card, I need a slot 2 card, What slot 2 card will work for me?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure EDGE OS v1.8 fixed any memory related issues with the 3in1... How old was this post that you found?

I'd recommend you get a EZ Flash 3in1.

Ninja-jo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your input. I just ordered a EZ flash 3 in 1 from Realhotdeal.com

I'll update you on it when it arrives!

VIVA LA GBA GAMES!

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ez 3in1 and m3 is all that is available. im understanding that the ewin was probably the best but thats like finding a diamond the size of antarctica! no longer available!

not all cards support all the 3in1 features, and i think even fewer are compatable with the m3 (just the m3 series for sure and the itouch made by m3 i think)

not all cards support the 3 in 1 for the rumble or dsbrowser ram...as i have discovered with my supercard and dstt...its not impossible, but after spending hours for a month searching forums and emailing supercard, ezflash and dstt... if i got no response the reply basically said we cannot help you!
disappopinting comming from supercard!!!!! i have heard their support was awesome.

but i believe that all the new slot 1 cards will work great with the 3in1 for gba and snes nes roms... they all just go about it differently...

you may consider getting a new slot 1 card, or a whole new combo...
but the last reviews i read on most cards seem to work fine.

the supercard when launching lameboy seems to auto save within the game unless its the 3in1 battery that does this automatically... but i do not loose any gba saves (the 3in1 is supposed to copy save file to sd card in slot 1 device whenever the unit is turned off/on. i dont know how it works the important thing is that it does and is very easy to use!

Ninja-jo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to be rude, because I know you are just trying to help... but alphanemesis, you are getting WAY too ahead of yourself. Ever see a movie where the regular joe asks the scientist "Ok, now can you tell me that in ENGLISH?" This feels like one of those times. . I don't know enough about any of this to understand what you are saying. Keep it simple man lol

ANYWAY, back on track here. I got my EZ Flash 3 in 1 PLUS! last night, works perfectly... well after I figured out I had to get the GBA ExpLoader 0.58b, for some reason the b is important.... BUT IT WORKS! and now I have gba game capabilities.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get this so called browser that's here.

To be honest I'm not sure how most of this card works, why it has PSRAM and NOR or whatever they are called.

Rather than drag this topic on though I will search for more answers.

THANK you again to those of you who set me straight with the 3 in 1. OH and in case you are wondering realhotstuff.com was an excellent service to purchase it from.

~Ninja-jo

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninja-jo.... no problem... i welcome any feedback... im not ahead of myslef..im totally new to all this.... and begging for help with my issue from whoever knows what im talking about because i sure dont! this is all info i have gathered...., dont understand, cant use, doesnt work etc....

i like to keep it simple.

none the less... i have a real complicated problem to fix...
simply the bottom line... DSBrowser does not work with my slot1/slot2 setup.
frown.gif

about the exploader... i use the lameboy emulator to run my gba roms... works great. but i cant use any cheats

going through explaoder... can u use cheats that way?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
@Ninja-jo
I'm pretty sure Edge natively supports the 3in1+... So you shouldn't need to use GBA ExpLoader. 'Team Edge' usually steal Team Cyclops' fixes and the CycloDS natively supports the 3in1+.
By "I'm still trying to figure out how to get this so called browser that's here. " Do you mean you can't find the NDS Browser on GBAtemp? If so unfortunately GBAtemp doesn't host roms, so you'll have to search the net for it.

@alphanemisisno
You may need to patch your DS Browser rom with this http://nds.cmamod.com/ez5/CZ-O31Pp-test2.zip
lameboy is for GB/C roms, not GBA.
you can't use cheats that way. You can however patch cheats onto GBA roms using GBAATM.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks alot, i will definately try bungaloo.... the "browser im revcerring to is dsbrowser. no no trouble finding dsbrowser, just trouble making it work... and i dont know how to patch, im not even gonna try its too complicated and i shouldnt have to!

supercard is supposed to be super easy!
mad.gif
the point is supercard is aware of the issue, and dont care! wont help me cause its not their product ... they should fix the issue with an update...

the browser you are referring to might be gba exploader... with is (within the name) a loader that can control some of the functions of the 3in1, and load/save to/from it.

but other than that it is totally awesome! just running roms, and gba emu/roms with the 3in1.

thanks guys.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after all the trouble... emailed 0shippingzone... to see if they knew of any issues like this (they dont they arent techs) and said wait for replies...since im new to everything how would i know if my 3in1 is defective or not?
so my 3in1 may be defective...or it could just be the different setup...
running supercard evolution os with 3in1. original sp3 dsonei os might actually work i dont know. dstt running dsbrowser does the same thing. no browser ram and exploader will not display rumble/browser ram no matter how many times i press R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?