Someone crazy enough to translate Final Fantasy 1 from Japanese eShop?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by WiisleyU, Jun 20, 2016.

1. WiisleyU
    OP

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    The game is as beautiful as the PSP version with added 3D effect and 2 screens and a map! Just have not located over here :hateit:

This game in another versions might have a translation, someone could aplly the patch like an IPS?
    Thanks! :nds:

Attached Files:

2. ongo_gablogian

ongo_gablogian GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2010
    United States
    WiisleyU likes this.
  3. WiisleyU
    OP

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
  4. geekboy1011

geekboy1011 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2013
    United States
    Tbh he does not really know what todo regarding it. I have in my spare time been working on figuring out the file types and stuff. I have a decompressor and a re-packer. The re-packer is not working well though as the game crashes when trying to load the main menu. Not sure if its a checksumming issue or an issue with how I am handling the repacks. I need to look into it more but with out a debugger I have no way of knowing whats going wrong. On top of that citra currently runs poorly on my setup. SO I can not even use that. There are a few people willing todo the translation work once a framework for the text editing is in place though. Which is a good thing.

Last edited by geekboy1011, Jun 20, 2016
    WiisleyU likes this.
  5. WiisleyU
    OP

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Ok, I am waiting for news :nds: