ZXmega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well... (How I begin this...)
I am an user of R4 SDHC (http://www.r4sdhc.com), Kernel 1.34.
Since the release of Pokémon Black/White I have been trying to play this game on my RETARDED good card. And I've been trying with the US, the EUR and the spanish roms (chilean weon) of both Black and White roms.
The thing is, I am finding out that NOTHING, and I mean, yeah, NOTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING.
Tried Demian's option (http://gbatemp.net/t282020-solution-for-pokemon-black-white-on-r4-clones-others): Nothing.
Tried WAIO 1.15 (the last one due to Xenon++'s retirement): Aaaaaa.... Nothing.
Tried Discatia AND RetroGameFan's AP Patch: Nothing.
Tried RetroGameFan's firmware 6.56 (the last one): NOTHING!
Tried EVEN Menudo!: NOTHING!!

And what is the problem with all of those? Well, to put it simple, I'll put it with two cases:
1. You start a new file, everything well, Prof. Juniper speaks, you put your name, eerything fine, she presents you Cheren and Bianca, everything OK up to that point, and then she says "Let's go to the world of Pokémon!" and I say "OH YEA!! BRING IT!!" and... and... and... black screen.
2. You decide to use a save state (created often with DeSmuMe) and you load it with the other firmwares. Everything fine, the logo, Reshiram/Zekrom on the lower screen, yeah, you press START or A and there it is! Is your save! You can't hold yourself because you want so bad to play that you only press A... and... and... black screen.

So, what I say, is that, or my R4 SDHC is complete SH!T or that I am doing something wrong. OR that there is really a solution for this and I haven't seen it yet. And I am sure that I am not the only user of R4 SDHC that haves this "inconvenient".

As a sort of a cliché, I can't seem to find a working rom that is as sweet as the Japanese-Translated rom. It doesn't have that problem and you can play it without random errors or black screen problems.

And, to put this as a "FUCK YEA! IN YOUR FACE!! IT WORKS FOR ME AND NOT FOR YOU!!", I have a friend who has got a TTDS (or DSTT, I really don't care), and he said "please, bud, put Black and White on my card", and when I tested, I wanted to die. It actually worked, no black screens, sweet gameplay, and to put it worst, I didn't have to install something new!!!

Please, I beg mercy for somebody who has got an R4 SDHC and has finded out the solution of this big problem. Somebody that can help all those in need...

BTW, does anyone know if there's a Rudolph patch for these games?? Because, as I can recall, the JAP roms worked on my card with this DUDE's AP patch. If there is one, please SHARE.

Z

Zorua

Download this, extract it to the root and run default.nds(if it doesn't automatically start) and then run pokemon

ZXmega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@Zorua: My pal, the file you gave me gives me an error, it just keeps reseting the boot-up over and over... But it looks lke it would make the file work...

@R4Liam: I think I'll buy a DSTT, 'cause it is easier to upload its firmwware, and Pokémon Black/White roms actually work on it. Plus, don't think I'll find 'em here in my beauty Chile...

EDIT: Fixed the error, but now it gives me errcode=-4...

Just gett'n errcode=-4, libraries constantly updated, replaced extinfo, infolib, savlib, and nothing, still getting the same error code...

Grimant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will get RetroGameFan's YSMenu working on your R4 SDHC with version 1.34 firmware from r4sdhc.com
All games will work fine as long as you keep the total size of roms under 1 or 2 gigs (haven't tested this properly), if you can't see a information on a game it maybe because the roms are stored on a part of the card that can't be accessed by the flashcart and will result in a whitescreen from showing when you run a rom.
This method will probably require all commerical ROMs to be run with YSMenu

[*]Format your sd card using the Panasonic SD formatter(It's included in RetroGameFan's YSMenu download in the Extras folder)[*]Install the version 1.34 firmware.[*]Delete the following (This will get rid of the R4 Pandora that came with the firmware, seems to conflict with YSMenu)
QUOTE said:
From the rootfolder:
r4dldi.dat and default.nds
QUOTEFrom the _system_ folder:
Everything except the ebook folder, the themes folder and gbaframe.bmp
[*]Install YSMenu[*]Put your roms on the card

ZXmega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Grimant said:
This will get RetroGameFan's YSMenu working on your R4 SDHC with version 1.34 firmware from r4sdhc.com
All games will work fine as long as you keep the total size of roms under 1 or 2 gigs (haven't tested this properly), if you can't see a information on a game it maybe because the roms are stored on a part of the card that can't be accessed by the flashcart and will result in a whitescreen from showing when you run a rom.
This method will probably require all commerical ROMs to be run with YSMenu

[*]Format your sd card using the Panasonic SD formatter(It's included in RetroGameFan's YSMenu download in the Extras folder)[*]Install the version 1.34 firmware.[*]Delete the following (This will get rid of the R4 Pandora that came with the firmware, seems to conflict with YSMenu)
QUOTE said:
From the rootfolder:
r4dldi.dat and default.nds
QUOTEFrom the _system_ folder:
Everything except the ebook folder, the themes folder and gbaframe.bmp
[*]Install YSMenu[*]Put your roms on the card

Question: For step two, do I have to use the firmware included in RetroGameFan's set (call this R4SDHC folder included in 6.56) or the one available in http://www.r4sdhc.com??
And, for step four, do I have to use the R4 CLONE folder in order to install YSMenu??
Only that, please answer ASAP

Grimant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use both firmwares, install the version 1.34 from r4sdhc.com first, delete the files step 3 and then install the YSMenu from the R4_Clone YSMenu folder

ZXmega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So, up to the step 4, you should have in the root of the SD card the following:

- moonmemo (folder)
- moonshl2 (folder)
- _PATCH (folder)
- _system_ (folder)
- TTMenu (folder)
- _DS_MENU.dat
- _DS_MSHL.nds
- _DS_MENU.ini
- YSMenu.nds

And on _system_ folder you should have:

- ebook (folder)
- themes (folder)
- gbaframe.bmp

Am I right?? Because I'm up to try this method.

ZXmega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Method tried and failed... but, still, thanks for the help, anyway
smile.gif

Any other idea??
I still don't wanna dispose of my R4 SDHC...

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
also works for R4 on my friends his DS
EUROPEAN VERSION: -
Use this Action Replay codes to fix the blue screen and the freezes in Pokémon Black & White on No$Gba 2.6a+No$Zoomer 2.3.02
WARNING: YOU HAVE TO USE NO$GBA+NO$ZOOMER AND YOU HAVE TO DISABLE BIOS!

Pokémon White Code:
52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
E2001800 0000005C
E92D4008 E3A00000
E3A0150E E2811A06
E5810B44 EA5FE9F2
E59F4034 E59F5034
E5845000 E59F4020
E5945000 E59F601C
E1550006 03A05001
05C4500A 03A05000
E1445DB4 E8BD01F0
EA000D95 02180A00
28AAFF1F 037FBFE0
EAA01606 00000000
D0000000 00000000

Pokémon Black Code:
52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
E2001800 0000005C
E92D4008 E3A00000
E3A0150E E2811A06
E5810B44 EA5FE9F2
E59F4034 E59F5034
E5845000 E59F4020
E5945000 E59F601C
E1550006 03A05001
05C4500A 03A05000
E1445DB4 E8BD01F0
EA000D95 021809E0
28AAFF1F 037FBFE0
EAA01606 00000000
D0000000 00000000

ZXmega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ZXmega here with an announcement:

I
GAVE
UP

That's all. News for those who cannot play this awesome game in their flashcards:

PLAY THE POKÉMON WHITE VERSION WITH THE 8.1 TRANSLATION PATCH. Why? Because it is in this one that you can use the wireless communications, like the EntraLink, the Union Room or the... the EntraLink... the Cross-Tranciever, and you can have battles... These functions seems to don't work when using Black. Dunno why...

Also, you can set up your game so that the game (the way you play) looks exactly as the US/EUR one!

If you have a name that is longer than 5 letters (like mine, name's Javier and I can't write it on the JP because it has only 5 spaces...) you can do this:

1. Start a new game on the US version by playing DeSmume. Use any of the both.

2. When it asks you to, enter your name.

3. Like those old-fashioned methods to play Pokémon White or Black on a flashcard, save right before you pick up your first Pokémon.

4. Now, rename the save-state of DeSmume to fit your TRJAP (look below!) rom. Put your TRJAP rom and the new save-state on your DS.

5. And PRESTO! When you open your game, your name will appear as it would be on the US/EUR version!!!

Also, there's a beautiful, fun and cool way of having your Pokémon on the patched japanese game having their english names intact!!

How? It's easy! Even more if you have friends with working flashcards that actually run the US or the EUR version:

1. Have both games downloaded, both the TRJAP (translated japanese) and the US on your PC.

2. On the TRJAP file (the one that actually works on your DS), make your way up to Castelia City (the 8.1 is the nearest version to the true english, because it has some Pokémon names, NPC names and cities actually translated [5%, but that´s OK because it english-ed some others asdf]) and reach the Name Rater house. Save in front of him. DO NOT SPEAK TO HIM!

3. Now, turn your DS off, extract your micro-SD, connect it to your PC and copy the save-state of your Pokémon White game.

EXAMPLE: If your DS file is: pkmnwhite.nds, its save-state should be called pkmnwhite.sav. This one is the one you should copy.

4. Now, go to the folder in which you have your US/EUR rom and name it the way of the save-state OR name the save-state as the rom.

EXAMPLE: your US rom is Pokemon white.nds, so you should rename your save-state to leave it as Pokemon white.sav.

Now comes the fun part!

5. Ask a buddy of yours if you can use its flashcard for an important errand (it's up to you the excuse you come up with, the thing is, you have to use a bud's flashcard, because a DeSmume using a TRJAP save on a US rom DOES NOT ALLOW TO ENTER THE NAME RATER NAME CHANGING.)

6. Connect your pal's flashcard to your PC, make sure he still has some space on it (the game is about 262 MB, and plus 512 KB of the save...) and put your US rom AND your "new" save-state on his/her card.

7. Load "your" Pokémon game from its card. You should notice that everything is intact, and that you're, in fact, in front of the Name Rater.

8. Use any Pokémon wiki that you can access (preferently Bulbapedia) to check up the English names of the Pokémon you want to evolve into.

9. Name that Pokémon like the FINAL EVOLUTION YOU WANT TO LEAVE IT (example, I've captured a Meguroco (Sandile) and with this, I've named it Krookodile (its final evolution). Another example is my Dewott. I've picked Mijumaru (Oshawott) and with the name rater I've named it Dewott).

10. SAVE after the process.

11. Turn off the DS. Connect your friend's micro-SD to your PC and extract the save of the Pokémon game. ELIMINATE THE ROM AND THE SAVE FROM YOUR FRIEND'S CARD WHEN DONE.

12. Rename your save as your TRJAP ds file AGAIN.

13. Pass your new save to where your Pokémon game is on your flashcard and REPLACE the older one.

14. Load your new game. SURPRISE!!! Your Pokémon game now not only haves its Trainer's full name, but ALSO its Pokémon have their true names!!!

PLUS: if you're not satisfied with the TRJAP by the so-so work they've done, you can search for the English names of cities, NPC's and places on Bulbapedia.

ANOTHER PLUS: by using this method you can also get the mystery gifts from the US and the JP versions on either one!!

HOWEVER: please keep updating methods for those sorryful people that still want to play the US/EUR versions of the game. Any new method will be updated here, so if any of you have a friend that has got an R4 SDHC 1.34 and says that he/she's playing the US or the EUR version of the game, PLEASE UPLOAD THAT METHOD HERE. I'll test it to see if it truly works or not.

Thank you, in advance. Peace to everybody. Mazel tov.

ZXmega

IF ANYONE DARES TO USE THIS POST AS A TOPIC, BETTER GIVE ME CREDIT FOR IT, OR GTFO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.