Some Zelda info tidbits: Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longest zelda?! that's great!! Aonuma talks about "game volume" being a lot of things to do (not a large world to explore) so I guess that we will had to do a lot of backtracking... that could turn out great if every new dungeon item opens new possibilities to explore in previously visited places (like in every zelda game)

Majora's Mask remake?... mmm... as much as I love the game, I prefer a new one instead.

Zelda Movie? NO! please no... It will be great to have a well done epic zelda movie...
but lets face it... absolutely every japanese game/anime adaptation made by Hollywood sucks major balls.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
longest zelda?! that's great!! Aonuma talks about "game volume" being a lot of things to do (not a large world to explore) so I guess that we will had to do a lot of backtracking... that could turn out great if every new dungeon item opens new possibilities to explore in previously visited places (like in every zelda game)

Majora's Mask remake?... mmm... as much as I love the game, I prefer a new one instead.

Zelda Movie? NO! please no... It will be great to have a well done epic zelda movie...
but lets face it... absolutely every japanese game/anime adaptation made by Hollywood sucks major balls.
Yea... Jason Gordon Levitt in green tights would make for an awesome Link... [/sarcasm]

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
A zelda movie? It would depend on how it is put together. The Mario movie tried too hard to reference the mario games while at the same time tried to be made to something it was not. That movie was not even made by Nintendo, but was granted permission by them to be made. Even Miyamoto was disappointed by it, so I doubt that a zelda movie would follow the path the Mario movie went if it were to be made.

Now, let's all look back at the April Fool's LoZ movie trailer.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
MigueelDnd said:
"longest and deepest" Zelda experience yet is Skyward Sword
That's what she said.
smileipb2.png

But in all seriousness, if the statement is true (and not just for hype purposes), I'm more excited than ever.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just thinkin', if it's the "longest and deepest" Zelda game yet, then it'll take me longer than a week to complete, maybe on the verge of a whole TWO WEEKS!

Seriously, games are still just too short these days when you're more experienced than me.

Eswar21297

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
total.idiot.easy.la
XP
Country
India
I'd like a MM3D, because due to my parents, I can't buy it on the Wii.
Zelda movie would be nice, but keep Link silent and use thought bubbles for him because I just saw the CD-i cutsenes and have no confidence in Link talking.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE said:
- the possibility of Majora's Mask getting a 3DS makeover is discussed.

Read:
- the possibility of milking Majora's Mask and milk getting a milk 3DS milk milk makeover is discussed

It really isn't necessary. Although there is a nice kind of cult following for the game, overall, it would just be bought because it is a Zelda game, and the 3DS library still sucks pretty hard. I would appreciate a more accessible remake too. I would rather not have to run off and spend $250 on a handheld I don't want in order to play the game.
It is necessary!! I never played Majora's Mask and don't feel like downloading an emulator to play it on, I hate emus. If it comes on 3DS then it's more than welcome at my shelf any time.
closedeyes.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE said:
- the possibility of Majora's Mask getting a 3DS makeover is discussed.

Read:
- the possibility of milking Majora's Mask and milk getting a milk 3DS milk milk makeover is discussed

It really isn't necessary. Although there is a nice kind of cult following for the game, overall, it would just be bought because it is a Zelda game, and the 3DS library still sucks pretty hard. I would appreciate a more accessible remake too. I would rather not have to run off and spend $250 on a handheld I don't want in order to play the game.
It is necessary!! I never played Majora's Mask and don't feel like downloading an emulator to play it on, I hate emus. If it comes on 3DS then it's more than welcome at my shelf any time.
closedeyes.gif
Same here.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super excited! My biggest complaint with TP was its pitifully short gameplay and lack of compelling or difficult side quests. So a long Zelda is long overdue. Also the art style reminds me of Dragon Quest IX and that is a plus because DQIX is an amazing game!

Although, to be perfectly frank, the next Zelda game better incorporate graphics similar to the tease they showed at E3. I love the art of WW and this new one, but you cannot show us something as amazing as that tech demo and then not deliver.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ganon will not be in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, says Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma.

"Ganon typically appears in a Zelda game when the story is centered around the Triforce," said Aonuma in an interview with Nintendo Power (obtained by Nintendo Charged. "This time around, the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story. So because of that, Ganon will not appear."

He'll be replaced by the wan-faced wizard Lord Ghirahim, who has popped up in recent trailers. The gaunt villain was purposefully designed to contrast with Ganon's "very masculine, powerful, evil" characteristics.

When asked if Ghirahim reminded him of David Bowie, Aonuma agreed that there were similarities; to contrast with Ganon, he was given a "unisex-like, genderless feel".[/p]

No Ganon in a Zelda game!! LOL!

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If the overworld of SS is the new version of WW's overworld, then GTFO.

Fuck ports, make some original games that make us buy this system.

And no, I don't want more shit about Zelda, especially a film. This and Sakamoto's wishes for Metroid movie with maternal instincts will kill me.

SamAsh07 said:
No Ganon in a Zelda game!! LOL!

Instead we get the worst Zelda's villian ever.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm kind of glad they took Ganon out of this game; We've seen him too much and it's kind of boring to fight him 25,000 times in different games.

Still excited!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
SamAsh07 said:
closedeyes.gif
Buy a N64 then.
Probably cheaper than buying a full price game.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
prowler_ said:
SamAsh07 said:
closedeyes.gif
Buy a N64 then.
Lol obviously I wouldn't want to do THAT. Firstly it won't be available in markets, which would leave me with only ONE option, ebay/Amazon, which would bring me down to finding a GOOD deal. Oh wait I seemed to have gone off track, I don't even own a Credit Card/Debit Card to start off with lol. So my only option is to wait for MM on 3DS + it'll be in 3D, I rarely ever turn off 3D on my 3DS. Then there is this:- Getting the old MM when I know a better polished version is coming?? No thanks.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
SamAsh07 said:
closedeyes.gif
Buy a N64 then.
I wouldn't be so sure, N64's can cost a lot.

Either way, I love remakes and would be happy if they made one- assuming it's actually a remake and not a graphically enhanced port with a few new features like OoT.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'd prefer anything MM atm (not the emulators, cuz they are unstable shit), the ONLY Legend Of Zelda games I've played and finished are:-
- Phantom Hourglass (Surprisingly my first ever Zelda)
- Spirit Tracks
- Ocarina Of Time (Thanks to OoT3D I finally got to play this gem, still lovin' it)

There's a 4th one I'd add but I've never completed it:-
- Twilight Princess (Refused to work -maybe loader needs update- after I escaped the castle where Link wakes up as a Wolf)

Before playing any of these, I hated Legend Of Zelda, I'll be honest, only after playing it I realized how much fun it really is. Though I'd still prefer Ratchet & Clank over this any day on my PS3 (and PS2 lol).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2