Some Zelda info tidbits: Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by MigueelDnd, Jul 24, 2011.

1. MigueelDnd
    OP

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [​IMG]

"The following information comes from a Nintendo Power interview with Eiji Aonuma...

- "longest and deepest" Zelda experience yet is Skyward Sword
    - Aonuma and Miyamoto still haven't been able to look over all the content
    - Aonuma would like to make a Zelda movie if the time and resources were available
    - it was challenging to create a Zelda game and distinguish it from handheld titles, now that Ocarina of Time 3D is out
    - the possibility of Majora's Mask getting a 3DS makeover is discussed.
    - Aonuma loves the functionality of the Wii U controller as we saw it in the E3 tech demo
    - the dev team doesn't want to limit itself to a particular art style"​
    [/p]

Longest and deepest, huh? Skyward Sword is looking better with every information and trailer we get.
    Majora's Mask 3D would be pretty good getting the OoT 3DS treatment would be good, too. But let Greezo handle it so that EAD works in a NEW Zelda game for 3DS, so that haters don't rage and everyone has their share of Zelda, also this time it should have actual things that weren't in the original.
    The functions of the WiiU controller in the Zelda demo didn't impress me at all, but looking at the pretty graphics was enough.
    I would definitely watch a Zelda movie, althought I'm not sure if that would work out well.
    What do you think? Would you like MM:3D and a Zelda movie? Are you worried that Miyamoto and Aonuma haven't looked at Skyward Sword throughly? And what about the WiiU controller functions?

[​IMG] Source 1
    [​IMG] Source 2

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

3. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Nintendo has often left the portable Zelda games to other developers, actually Capcom developed Oracle of Ages and Seasons, as well as Minish Cap and Four Swords.

Grezzo can more than easily recreate Majora's Mask on the 3DS now that they have the OoT3D engine, same way that MM was produced so quickly on the N64.

4. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I'd love a Majora 3D. And a Zelda film would have to be true to the series.

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    stop posting SS stuff i know more than i want about it than i'd want to! [​IMG]

6. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    Read:
    - the possibility of milking Majora's Mask and milk getting a milk 3DS milk milk makeover is discussed

It really isn't necessary. Although there is a nice kind of cult following for the game, overall, it would just be bought because it is a Zelda game, and the 3DS library still sucks pretty hard. I would appreciate a more accessible remake too. I would rather not have to run off and spend $250 on a handheld I don't want in order to play the game.

7. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernape™

Australia
    Suck it up buddy. There ARE some of us out there that haven't played the original N64 version and as such would like to see it come to a MORE ACCESSIBLE console. I don't want to RUN OFF and buy a $75 console with money I don't have, plus buy a $25-50 game to go JUST so I can play it.

8. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    It could happen, Four Swords is going to be free on DSiWare soon.

9. ZaeZae64

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Majora's Mask is on the Wii Virtual Console, correct?

10. leeday100196

Australia
    I think I just had a nerdgasm. REALLY? That would be AWESOME!

11. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    I mentioned a more accessible remake. Remaking it on the Wii was a perfectly viable option for a very long time.

12. princefarzan

Member princefarzan GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Someones mad that they can't afford a 3DS. I would love to see MM3D because I haven't played it on the N64 and I would also like that to have updated visuals like OoT3D.

13. ZaeZae64

United States
    Why would you remake a game, for a console that already has a port of the same game?

14. leeday100196

Australia
    But they didn't. So, as stated before, SUCK IT UP. You can either play the original version pixel-perfect on the Wii, or buy the $250 3DS and wait for the bloody game to come out. Maybe you can try to get OoT while you're at it! (PS: That game is GOOD in 3D!)

15. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    Yeah, why not do both where you could potentially double the sales? Or, they could have just skipped throwing it on the virtual console and just made a remake. Regardless, I'm having issues understanding why they waited until the 3DS. Is it because the OoT remake sold inevitably well? I mean, it is easily the best game available for nearly everybody that owns a 3DS at this point in time.

Also, yes I can not afford a 3DS, but I also do not want one. I'm saving mah money for the Vita. It's the choice I have made this generation for my handheld.

Yo leeday, you mad dawg?

16. leeday100196

Australia
    Nah just in a debative mood (if that's even a word). I just wish people in general would stop complaining about the 3DS and the games it does, doesn't and will/won't have.

17. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Does it matter if it's milked? If there's demand on it and it's a proper remake, I say go for it.

18. ZaeZae64

United States
    MM is too short to be a retail game for the wii, so they'd probably have to release it as a Wiiware title. So why would they bother doing all that work for a remake that probably wouldn't sell well? (Lets face it, Wiiware, or VC games just don't sell very well.)
    Also, 3DS needs more sales, so adding MM3D to the library would interest alot of other people, since now you'd have both N64 Zelda's remade on the 3DS.

Edit: fixed a derp in my post~

19. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    3DS sales will boost sky high come holiday time. They are releasing one hell of a line up from Q4 2011 into Q1 2012. If those games don't boost sales, the 3DS just has no hope.

I have to wonder how well an MM remake would even do. Like I said, it never was super popular, though those who like it call it the best Zelda title to date. The time system may be just a little too much for some gamers these days though. I also don't find the 3DS to be a viable platform for a remake such as this at this current point in time. They are trying to push out too much too early, and are throwing what could be better remakes elsewhere onto the 3DS to attempt to boost sales.

20. leeday100196

Australia
    My point EXACTLY Nathan Drake. Even if they released it as a VC console title ON THE 3DS, they wouldn't have it sell as well as a retail game. U Mad Bro?

Edit: I posted this almost IMMEDIATELY after you posted your bit ND, so I see your point now too.