Gaming Some Wii noob questions.. ^^;

ultaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi there ppl!, im new owner of Wii, just got my first Wii not long ago.

A few questions i wanna ask... hopefully im in a correct thread.

Anyways, i bought my Wii its pre-modded (NeoGamma r7 v14).

Questions :-
========
1. I can't seem to chg "Wii Settings", once i clicked it, it goes to a blank html page, as i wanted to set it to widescreen ratio and component input).

2. I tried a few games like Muramasa, DeadSpace Extraction, Wii Sports Resort.. is it just me or those games aren't in widescreen format?.. and all those games doesn't have "progression mode"?.. aka 480p instead of 480i that i have been getting on these games i listed.

3. I was wondering, how many Wii games does support Widescreen?.. is it majority its 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9?..

4. Does all games support 'progression mode'?.. aka 480p/576p instead of typical 'interlaced mode' aka 480i/576i?..

5. What does WiiScrub and gol means?..

Thats all question for now..
blush.gif

Thanks for those who replied.

Cheers
smile.gif

Kaze967

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't answer the other questions but for your first question it seems as though your wii is semi-bricked.
It may have updated with a firmware update that not of its region. That can be easily remedied by upgrading your firmware with a higher version of the right region. Do you know what version is your wii is atm?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ultaman said:
Hi there ppl!, im new owner of Wii, just got my first Wii not long ago.

A few questions i wanna ask... hopefully im in a correct thread.

Anyways, i bought my Wii its pre-modded (NeoGamma r7 v14).

Questions :-
========
1. I can't seem to chg "Wii Settings", once i clicked it, it goes to a blank html page, as i wanted to set it to widescreen ratio and component input).
i am not really sure about this because i never encountered this issue before. try to reinstall your system menu by downloading it through NUSD then install the wad using wad manager. see if this fixes the issue.

2. I tried a few games like Muramasa, DeadSpace Extraction, Wii Sports Resort.. is it just me or those games aren't in widescreen format?.. and all those games doesn't have "progression mode"?.. aka 480p instead of 480i that i have been getting on these games i listed.
i don't use a widescreen tv so never tested this games. surely you will need the system menu wii settings for this issue so have to solve the first problem.

3. I was wondering, how many Wii games does support Widescreen?.. is it majority its 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9?..
no idea.

4. Does all games support 'progression mode'?.. aka 480p/576p instead of typical 'interlaced mode' aka 480i/576i?..
no idea also, sorry.

5. What does WiiScrub and gol means?..
wiiscrub means a game iso which is modified by an app called wiiscrubber, latest 1.4, i think. wiiscrubber is used to remove garbage data from the game iso. sometimes called scrubbed iso. wiiscrubber is also capable of making multi-game dvd for the wii.

on the "gol" issue; i do not know this. but i do know a *.dol for the wii. the dol files are those files bootable by the wii; like an *.exe for the pc. notice HBC always uses a boot.dol file format to load an app.

Thats all question for now..
blush.gif

Thanks for those who replied.

Cheers
smile.gif

ultaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Kaze967 said:
Can't answer the other questions but for your first question it seems as though your wii is semi-bricked.
It may have updated with a firmware update that not of its region. That can be easily remedied by upgrading your firmware with a higher version of the right region. Do you know what version is your wii is atm?
Apparently my Wii indeed semi-bricked as i googled around... but still can't find a proper guide to it.

Im not sure what firmware im in as i can't enter "Wii Settings" to check it.

I heard v4.2 only have "SDCARD" icon next to "Wii Options" right?.. which i have.

If, so.. isn't my firmware latest already?..
ph34r.gif

razorback78 said:
QUOTE(ultaman @ Nov 27 2009, 06:40 AM)
1. i am not really sure about this because i never encountered this issue before. try to reinstall your system menu by downloading it through NUSD then install the wad using wad manager. see if this fixes the issue.

2. i don't use a widescreen tv so never tested this games. surely you will need the system menu wii settings for this issue so have to solve the first problem.

3. no idea.

no idea also, sorry.

5. wiiscrub means a game iso which is modified by an app called wiiscrubber, latest 1.4, i think. wiiscrubber is used to remove garbage data from the game iso. sometimes called scrubbed iso. wiiscrubber is also capable of making multi-game dvd for the wii.

on the "gol" issue; i do not know this. but i do know a *.dol for the wii. the dol files are those files bootable by the wii; like an *.exe for the pc. notice HBC always uses a boot.dol file format to load an app.
Ok i just download "NUS Download v1.3Beta", not sure what shld i do..

Its this correct?.. "Database" --> "System" --> "System Menu" --> "Latest version"?

Then just "Start NUS Download!"?..

I shld tick "Pack->WAD" rite?.. and tick "Local Files", just all rite?.. did i miss anything?..

Fyi, im on NTSC J.

And yea, its .dol.. not .gol ..lol.. thanks for the corrections.

Cheers
blink.gif

ultaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ok, finally i take risk and tried ARC, and..

"woOoLAH!".. it works!.. lol, finally i can go into 'Wii Settings' and chg to widescreen and component, and oh man... it LOOKS MUCH BETTER!.. lol
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the replies anyways guys.

Cheers
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr