Some wii games not working on the WiiU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by drakorex, Dec 6, 2012.

1. drakorex
    OP

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I got Sonic and the Secret Rings through Gamefly and popped it into my WiiU. After starting the game up I was instantly met with an error message stating that a problem has occurred. I was forced to unplug my WiiU in order to shut it off (holding the power button didn't work). The same game works just fine in a real Wii. Brawl works on the WiiU though... Anyone else have a similar problem?

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Ninty added protection on the Wii U to prevent users from playing shit games.

3. CyanPrime

CyanPrime Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2010
    United States
    But I was thinking about buying AssCreed 3 :< ...Oh well, I'll get NSMBU instead.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    He was pretty clear - it's protection againts sh*t games.

5. CyanPrime

CyanPrime Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2010
    United States
    Good Sir, are you implying that NSMBU is a bad game. Because NSMB 2 on the 3DS was the most fun I've had on my 3DS, and the first game that I finished for it as well, in the 6 months I've had it. If that is any indication of the quality of NSMBU I'd have to say you're wrong.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Amma gonna buy an awesome triple-core Next Generation gaming console with superb graphics capabilities and then I'mma gonna play a Wii-quality platformer on it.

Do yourself a favour, wait till NSMBU is cheap as dust, in the meantime, get AssCreed 3. If you played one NSMB, you played them all, and that doesn't mean they're bad - they're just repetitive by definition. I'm sure it's a great game, but it's not "$60 great" by any means, not even by a long shot.

7. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Sonic and the Secret Rings was the stuff. Ya'll best recognize fools.

NightsOwl likes this.
  8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Sonic on the Wii is the worst Sonic experience I've ever had, and I've been "with Sonic" since the Genesis/Mega Drive era. The only good games on the console are Colours and half of Unleashed.

9. Devin

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Have not tried Colors, and I tried Unleashed. Disliked it. SaTSR was the only Sonic game that I actually beat. I found the Arabian Knights theme, and mini games to be quite enjoyable.

10. Lanlan

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    Are you saying Asscreed isn't repetitive? Played one, you've played them all.

HorreC likes this.
  11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I strongly suggest trying out Colours, SaTSR isn't even in the same league.

12. Devin

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Oh, and Sonic Generations was a good one. I'll try out Colors.

13. CyanPrime

CyanPrime Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2010
    United States
    First off, Good Sir, NSMB Wii (Not Wii U) is still going for $40-50, and NSMB is still going for $30, so I doubt it goes down in price.

Second, you're telling me that NSMBU (The forth title in the series) is more repetitive then AssCreed 3 (The Fifth game in the main line, not counting the other 5 spin-offs ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed )? Good Sir, I don't think that's possible.

Third, Good Sir, is implying that the more complected a game is the better it is, and I just can't agree with that.

Lanlan likes this.
  14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Comparing the level of complexity of both games and the effort put into them by their respective developers is like comparing the Mona Lisa with a 5-year old's finger-painted picture.

When Sega released a side-scroller in the NSMB-style, they at least had the decency to price it approprietly. NSMBU is not worth $60 in my eyes, sorry.

15. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Christ, I can smell the seethe in this thread.

16. drakorex
    OP

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Ten comments so far and not one of them attempts to seriously answer my question. Fantastic. THANKS GUYS! :D .l..

Rydian, linuxGuru, HorreC and 5 others like this.
  17. Lanlan

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    Nice word choice.

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The answer is as follows: the sandbox isn't perfect, report it to Nintendo and perhaps they'll iron it out. Remember, the system is new an a lot of titles may and likely will behave in an unexpected fashion.

19. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    did you check the most obvious and make sure the disc is not scratched or dirty? i know rental discs can be battered as so many people use the discs.

20. beta4attack

beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    My favorite Sonic is actually on the Wii >.< I really loved Sonic and the Black Knight, maybe that's because my favorite was king Arthur's age but yeah... I know people call this very mediocre and I haven't heard a single good thing about it but I like it a lot. I guess it's down to personal preference.