some-what bricked Wii U after changing the menu language

Kyolet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi everyone, I recently was given a Wii U that's currently not able to boot into the menu
The previous owner, being my uncle, said that it was working fine, before he replaced the Japanese Wii Menu with an English one
After a reboot, the system hangs on a black screen after the Wii U logo
I can still acess the Tiramisu menu, but none of the options do anything, except for booting into vWii, not even HBL worked, it just hangs on a black screen with the gamepad screeching for help
I've tried many steps i've seen on the forum so far, but none have worked, could be because i'm not very bright, I tried adding an ftp homebrew app as men.rpx in the wiiu folder but it didnt load, cant even load into the homebrew menu either
He has no NAND backups, and bought this Wii U pre-hacked
Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: ArgoRV

Kyolet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Maybe recovery menu with wup
how would I go about doing this? tysm for any kind of help :) im not good with wii u stuff
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: I managed to figure out how the recovery menu works, I didn't have a raspberry pi but I did have a modded switch, thank you godreborn for the suggestion!
20221119_235801.jpg

Last edited by Kyolet,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.