Some way to delete the errcode=-4? (TTDS)

DoritosFun959

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello there, i got a Nds yesterday, and i tried to download some games in .nds format but most of those games i've installed dont work and display an error screen saying something like: "Load rom errcode=-4, please reset your system".
i watched some tutorials from youtube but the majority are from more than 7 years ago, i visited the TTNDS official page and downloaded those archives:
1642351318818.png
Captura de pantalla de 2022-01-16 13-41-07.png

and installed those archives to my Card, at the first time, it worked, but i've installed new games and they dont work again.
how do i fix that error?
Postdata: My card is "DSTT for NDSI/NDSL" if that help to fix my error.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your game is probably not added to their database thingy, happens a lot with fan translations or patches (I'm guessing because the file checksum changes or something, it's very finicky.).
Try Ysmenu or look up retrogamefan and tell them about it. I think there's a nds-bootstrap github where you can report it.

Idk if they restarted their database or something, but some games that had no problem running 10 years ago now give that error or fail to bypass the anti piracy protections...

Edit:
Just remembered, the official files for dstt are very outdated. Since it seems you're using that, felt like I should warn you.
It's been a while since I've messed with this stuff, but if I'm not mistaken there's some unofficial updates from retrogamefan to fix it up.
You'll probably find it easy if you Google "ttds retrogamefan" (no quotes)

Last edited by Deleted member 532471,

DoritosFun959

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@zupi , hi, now the loader doesnt have the errcode 4, but when i try to run the game i want, the console displays a blank background in both screens, nothing, just white, how do i fix that thing and play the game?

DoritosFun959

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do you actually have a DSTT? You could just go install YSMenu:
That didnt work, the errcode=-4 is now gone but now i have a White screen instead of the other thing, and the game dont work and charge.
i've heard something about the .dat, can i do something with that to make my game working?

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That didnt work, the errcode=-4 is now gone but now i have a White screen instead of the other thing, and the game dont work and charge.
i've heard something about the .dat, can i do something with that to make my game working?
YSMenu is already the latest version of the dats, you can't find a better one anywhere else. If it white screens from there your SD is either corrupted or your games are corrupted.

Format your SD maybe, and get a clean copy of the ROM that isn't working.

Reactions: banjo2

DoritosFun959

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
YSMenu is already the latest version of the dats, you can't find a better one anywhere else. If it white screens from there your SD is either corrupted or your games are corrupted.

Format your SD maybe, and get a clean copy of the ROM that isn't working.
Which page do you recommend to download roms?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over