Some thing's seriously wrong with my wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by silenus, May 11, 2008.

May 11, 2008
  1. silenus
    OP

Newcomer silenus Newbie

Philippines
    To anybody who knows the solution to my problem: please tell me what it is.

I know this is a bit lengthy but please hear me out.

Here's the deal: all my problems started when i foolishly took an update from the Japanese version of Brawl (Dairantou Smash Bros. X). I got dual channels and everything. Also, i had lost access to any service that utilized the "Wii Connect24" (e.g. check mii out channel, shop channel) as the "User Agreements" under the Internet tab says that the "Wii Connect24 service is currently NOT being offered".

Please take note that I forgot what my wii's firware version was before this update. All i can say for certain was that it was either 3.1U or 3.2U PRIOR to the SSBX update.

As i played brawl over the course of a few days i had been experiencing the occasional DRE. It didn't bother me much since i had thought this problem was the result of a bad burn. Roughly two weeks after i had done the update, my wii stopped reading and recognizing discs altogether!

So i brought this to a local technician where he tells me that the lens is "burnt out". After having it replaced, everything seemed fine as i could play any game with no problem. A few days later, the same problem happed. Again, i had my wii checked. The technician points out that my lens is "burnt out" AGAIN and that all of the wiikey's main IC's pins had burn marks on them. He points out that my modchip might have some role in this so i had both my wiikey and my lens replaced.

Now after two weeks, the same problem happened again.

So....... does anybody know what my problem is? If so, could you please help me? 'cause my local technician has no idea what's wrong.

2. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You don't think after twice you would learn. Try using a program called DVDInfoPro to check the burn quality of your discs. There could be a lot of thing inside the wii that would cause this problem....

3. silenus
    OP

Newcomer silenus Newbie

Philippines
    The guy offered a possible solution, so i took it. What choice did i have? Thank you for offering your opinion but please try not to be self righteous while giving it.