Some switch games WILL require an SD card as well as online to fully enjoy them!

Bladexdsl Sep 2, 2017.

?
  1. YES

2. NO

3. Who fucking cares when are the HAX coming?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    United Kingdom
    The Fourth Dimension
    Nah dude. Buy the disk version of Mortal Kombat X and put it into a PS4. You won't be able to play as anyone BUT Scorpio and Sub Zero and you only have 1 stage. You have to go through the "essential download" that starts when you put the disk in to get literally anything else. This is completely normal these days.

CoD Black Ops 3 is the same. Most of the main/"full" game is inaccessible if you just put the disk in from the get-go. You need the several hour-long, tens of gigs download.

Last edited by Lucifer666, Sep 24, 2017 - Reason: cited wrong 2 characters from MKX available from the start
    DarthDub and Hielkenator2 like this.
  2. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Nope looked that up. Game is full on disc. Just needs hell of a lot time before it is fully installed and fully unlocked. Same with black ops 3. Without the install only 1 mode and couple of characters are avaible since it is installing in the background. Let it fully install without the update and you'll see everything will be unlocked.

Last edited by kumikochan, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Hielkenator2

Hielkenator2 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2017
    Albania
    Dumb statement. My Ps3 and xbox 360 also need it's hdd to fully enjoy some games.
    Oh damn my Ps2 also need a memory card... damn my Gamcube also oh no!

Is'nt this logical after some point?

4. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    nope because those games don't need internet to fully enjoy the game. The way the switch is going at it is more like DRM making the games worthless when servers go offline if they implement parts of games behind a server.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    As every Sports game ;) Especially for these games they shut off the servers almost every year. Just saying.

6. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    ofcourse but i'm talking about singleplayer/story mode and not multiplayer.

7. Bladexdsl
    OP

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    and once again how long till ALL games start doing this? you've been told again and again what nintendo are up to and every time you deny and defend them like a good little fanboy. NO OTHER company is doing this day one patches and DLC don't add the rest of the game and what about when nintendo kicks their internet to the curb like they did on the wii and wiiu YOUR FUCKED can't even play the games anymore! [​IMG]

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Sep 24, 2017
  8. Bladexdsl
    OP

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    they install the game from the disc not download HALF of it from a server!

Subtle Demise likes this.
  9. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I´m happy as long as i can play the full Doom Singleplayer Mode offline.

10. Preem

Preem Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Eternal Realm
    This method is perfectly fine with me. At least the whole game is accessible on disc. It's compressed but it's similar to PC gaming prior to Steam where I had to install the games from the disc themselves. The fact that certain physical games require an online download to access the "full" game seems like a low-blow to the consumer. So my dollars will not show these developers love!

11. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    This has nothing to do with Nintendo, 2K chose to be douchetards. There's nothing indicating that any other game is even considering this either, let alone all of them. If you're going to start making up fantasy problems with Switch, you might as well do the same for the other consoles too.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 24, 2017
    DarthDub likes this.
  12. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Olmectron is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    What are you talking about Wii and Wii U?

I can still play online games on Wii U. And I can still re-download all my WiiWare purchases. What's your point?

13. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    how do you think those of us who buy mostly through the eshop feel

14. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    This is what i talking about. 256 gb sd carda re going to be even cheaper. sd card slot on switch equals as much storage as you want..... Imagine if there was 2 sd card slots. that would be boss

DarthDub and Xzi like this.
  15. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It's the best possible storage format for Switch. Solid state, but not as large as the console itself like full SSDs are. AFAIK PS4 and XB1 have some pretty nice HDDs in them, but they're still HDDs with moving parts. They will fail at some point, and boy are a lot of people going to be mad if they don't have their 1TB of shit backed up. mSDs will last much longer. 3DS uses the same thing, and that's why it's a much better portable than Vita despite the graphics disparity.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 27, 2017
  16. Bladexdsl
    OP

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    this is what i been talking about when THIS happens to the switch none of these games gonna work anymore!

17. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You mean like in five or six years when everything is saved as ROMs or other file types already? You realize this type of discontinued support happens with every console at some point, and nothing has really been "lost" despite it.

18. Bladexdsl
    OP

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    not everyone knows about pirating and this site and they are the ones that will be pissed and after nintendos blood. but yeah fuck them we'll be ok... :P

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted