Some strange info on the new Dragon Ball Z movie

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
(Sorry if this was posted elsewhere and I didn't notice)

So as you can't all tell I'm quite the Dragon Ball (Z, Not GT) Fan and I was informed of some interesting news today, for those who care that is, regarding the new movie. As most people who enjoy Dragon ball know the movie was already confirmed to be the canon sequel to the Buu Saga which already made fans quite happy that the next chapter in Dragon Ball would fit into the continuity.

Anyway I'm just going to post the news before I continue to ramble. Apparently there is going to be a brand new Super Saiyan form included in this movie. What is this form? 'Super Saiyan God'. Now although this transformation sounds extremely lame it will probably be named something different in the US release. The transformation also helps the title of the movie make a little more sense considering the japanese name of the movie translates to Dragon Ball Z: God and God.

My opinion on this little bit of news is that if this form is included we can pretty much safely say that Dragon ball GT can be wiped out of the Dragon Ball series continuity and class it as a gigantic 'What If?'.

Anyway here's a picture of the supposed transformation. All we can really make out is that Goku doesn't magically lose his clothes and doesn't turn into a man-ape either, GT I'm looking at you.

aryf8.png

Here's a link to a larger version of the above picture:
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/e/ec/GokuTransfo4(BoG).png

I know it's not a very good picture but it's all we have. If the thread gets any sort of discussion going about the possibilities of this transformation I'll make sure to update it when and if we get a clearer picture.

Various information and more pictures can be found here:
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_God

EDIT: The image is too big to post here but click the link below for screen shots on Super Saiyan God!!!!
http://images.saiyanisland.com/data/602/Super-Saiyan-God1.jpg

Some info I ran into says that to use the transformation he needs the power of 6 Saiyans which means that this transformation is probably a one off. So for you GT fans I guess you guys have won this battle... but the war isn't over yet..

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
OP you don't know your dad's history?

OT: blue aura comes out of goku then he becomes a great ape, or???

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The "Super Saiyan God" is the legend among legends. This tremendous being contains wondrous legends passed down to theSaiyans, the mightiest warriors in the universe. 39 years before the events of Battle of Gods, the Oracle Fish foretold the appearance of the Super Saiyan God to the God of Destruction Bills. This revelation is what hastens the God of Destruction's awakening in the film and the genesis of the events of Battle of Gods.[1] When Gokutransforms to this form in the film, he powers up with a blue and white aura, and a flash of the roaring Great Ape form then appears.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I will lol so hard if SSG = SSj4 + blue ki XD

Looking at the picture, it looks as if Goku's hair is reddish.....

Btw, I didn't really hate GT. Thought it was pretty decent. I doubt this movie will render GT non-canon though it certainly is possible.

But w/e. I don't mind GT being no longer canon. Just don't give me the BS asspull rasengan in Naruto movies. XD

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome! New transformation = Something Legit against a god

Guilty pleasure really that I am looking forward to this.
So many fans ranging from age, 10 - 35yr olds, are anxiously waiting for a leak of this soon here.

Also, how long does anyone think Krillin will last in this movie?

I do expect a lot of action in this one...don't let me down. ;P

Reactions: Sterling

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
My guess is that its Super Saiyan 3.5, although GT's storyline was a bit flakey, the design for SSJ4 was actually quite good so I woudn't want them to scrap it

This would be the only thing that'd make sense honestly. Placing this 'God' form as weaker than SSJ4 would be the only way GT could fit into the continuity.

But if that's not the case and God form is indeed the supposed final Super Saiyan transformation I'm fine with GT being completely negated and classed as a what if.

Reactions: NightsOwl

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This would be the only thing that'd make sense honestly. Placing this 'God' form as weaker than SSJ4 would be the only way GT could fit into the continuity.

But if that's not the case and God form is indeed the supposed final Super Saiyan transformation I'm fine with GT being completely negated and classed as a what if.
Not sure where how this form will compete with SSj4. After thinking about it, what if this is the "official" SSj4/post SSj3 form? After all, GT's SSj4 was achieved differently (at least initially), having to go through taming Oozaru and what not.

Maybe this form requires some special trigger (refer to my Naruto reference) or maybe it's usage may bring dire consequences to the user. Or it may even be a singe-use only thing XD

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Not sure where how this form will compete with SSj4. After thinking about it, what if this is the "official" SSj4/post SSj3 form? After all, GT's SSj4 was achieved differently (at least initially), having to go through taming Oozaru and what not.

Maybe this form requires some special trigger (refer to my Naruto reference) or maybe it's usage may bring dire consequences to the user. Or it may even be a singe-use only thing XD

It's probably just Akira Toriyama's way of removing GT from the official continuity. Although he oversaw GT and came up with a few character designs he's never actually confirmed it to be Canon and most fans don't consider it to be canon either considering it wasn't adapted from the manga.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone noticed a few continuity errors? Like Android 18's hair being purple, Gohan being super Saiyan in one trailer (which he can no longer do) and then in Mystic form in today's trailer? Also, Krillin and Gohan keep changing haircuts each trailer as well. Although, this is just me being overly nitpicky/nerdy on the subject.

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Has anyone noticed a few continuity errors? Like Android 18's hair being purple, Gohan being super Saiyan in one trailer (which he can no longer do) and then in Mystic form in today's trailer? Also, Krillin and Gohan keep changing haircuts each trailer as well. Although, this is just me being overly nitpicky/nerdy on the subject.

Well the movie takes place in between the Buu Saga and the time skip episode when Goku flew away with Uub so it might show a few things taking place over time, I doubt it though it's probably just them messing something up lol.

And Gohan can still go Super Saiyan but there's no point because it wouldn't do anything to power him up at all.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is said in the Manga that the Mystic form only lasts some hours (days?), but that it expires after that. It makes sense that he can go SSJ again after that.

Not so much sense that he's Mystic again though (maybe he gets the old Kaio-shin to do the dance again? I dunno).

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
It is said in the Manga that the Mystic form only lasts some hours (days?), but that it expires after that. It makes sense that he can go SSJ again after that.
Iv'e always assumed the Mystic transformation was indefinite and that his ability to go into SSJ was just a plothole in GT? I hope they give a valid indication why his power level turned turd-worthy in GT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte