Homebrew Some screenshots from Open Shop Channel on Wii Shop

dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Edit (August 2023): Some people are still finding this post to this day, so I will note that while all the progress shown here is real and on our GitHub, it is currently halted indefinitely because of lack of resources and time from the team.

Hello! I figured it's been a very long time since the Open Shop Channel last delivered any kind of information on its progress regarding the Wii Shop Channel, for over 2 years as a matter of fact.
The OSC team has been hard at work recently on continuing work and bringing it up to a point we can delivery images showing significant progress and a direction in the design.

So I'm here with a few early screenshots of the shop, and a short video, to keep the curious up to date.

Screenshots:
1642009079011.png

1642009097465.png

1642009139639.png

1642009194591.png

1642009216224.png

unknown.png

1642009461738.png

Video:

Credits: Me, Snoot, ramblecube, DarkOK, CornierKhan1, and several GitHub contributors!

Thanks for reading, have a good day, and I will be happy for any questions or feedback!

Last edited by dhtdht020,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Looks great! You should also show off your desktop tool in a separate video, I've played with it a bit but not extensively so I only know of it's basic\standard features, and even if it only does that, it does it well, just on PC instead of the Wii, which I think is actually easier in some situations

Reactions: dhtdht020
Trophies
XP
Hello! I figured it's been a very long time since the Open Shop Channel last delivered any kind of information on its progress regarding the Wii Shop Channel, for over 2 years as a matter of fact.
The OSC team has been hard at work recently on continuing work and bringing it up to a point we can delivery images showing significant progress and a direction in the design.

So I'm here with a few early screenshots of the shop, and a short video, to keep the curious up to date.

Screenshots:

Video:

Credits: Me, Snoot, ramblecube, DarkOK, CornierKhan1, and several GitHub contributors!

Thanks for reading, have a good day, and I will be happy for any questions or feedback!
Woah.
WOAH.
I am extremely excited for this.
Although I have 5 questions:
1. Will this channel be deletable at all?
2. Will the channel have any type of banner?
3. What is the ESTIMATED completion date?
4. Could it sell channels? Like the patched ones (e.g. Riiconnect24, Wiilink24) All of that stuff.
5. Can you access the Wii's Pause menu and could it have a "Wii Menu" button on the main page?

I am really excited for this :D

Last edited by Deleted member 538683,

dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Woah.
WOAH.
I am extremely excited for this.
Although I have 5 questions:
1. Will this channel be deletable at all?
2. Will the channel have any type of banner?
3. What is the ESTIMATED completion date?
4. Could it sell channels? Like the patched ones (e.g. Riiconnect24, Wiilink24) All of that stuff.
5. Can you access the Wii's Pause menu and could it have a "Wii Menu" button on the main page?

I am really excited for this :D

[email protected]
1. Not sure of the final specifics right now.
2. Currently not planning on replacing the original wii shop banner.
3. No estimation for completion date right now, as the team is increasingly busy with other things.
4. Everything would be free downloads, currently planned to only include homebrew apps available in the homebrew browser. However, they will be downloaded as channels to the Wii Menu. (Initially an "installer" channel that would throw the actual app in the sd card, then becomes a forwarder, to save on limited nand storage space.)
5. From the wii shop channel, you can access the home button menu, and it wouldn't be a problem to add a Wii Menu button to the main page.

Reactions: Tarmfot
Trophies
XP
1. Not sure of the final specifics right now.
2. Currently not planning on replacing the original wii shop banner.
3. No estimation for completion date right now, as the team is increasingly busy with other things.
4. Everything would be free downloads, currently planned to only include homebrew apps available in the homebrew browser. However, they will be downloaded as channels to the Wii Menu. (Initially an "installer" channel that would throw the actual app in the sd card, then becomes a forwarder, to save on limited nand storage space.)
5. From the wii shop channel, you can access the home button menu, and it wouldn't be a problem to add a Wii Menu button to the main page.
Oh neat.
But about some of the questions..

1. So you arent gonna replace it with a different banner to distinguish it? (What I mean is something like this: )
4. So do you mean, a wad is installed of the application you JUST downloaded? Like, if you download WiiMC does it install a WAD aswell? Like the channel installer installs the channel.
Actually that gives me a idea.. YOU CAN PACK HOMEBREW APPLICATIONS INTO CHANNELS SO YOU DONT NEED TO INSERT A SD CARD!
Anyway.
I just was thinking and I have 3 more questions.

1. Will the download animation change? Like changing the Mario Download animation at all?
2. When will the patcher be done? No like actually. Is the patcher prepared at all?
3. HOW DID YOU EVEN REPLY THAT FAST??

dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Oh neat.
But about some of the questions..

1. So you arent gonna replace it with a different banner to distinguish it? (What I mean is something like this: )
4. So do you mean, a wad is installed of the application you JUST downloaded? Like, if you download WiiMC does it install a WAD aswell? Like the channel installer installs the channel.
Actually that gives me a idea.. YOU CAN PACK HOMEBREW APPLICATIONS INTO CHANNELS SO YOU DONT NEED TO INSERT A SD CARD!
Anyway.
I just was thinking and I have 3 more questions.

1. Will the download animation change? Like changing the Mario Download animation at all?
2. When will the patcher be done? No like actually. Is the patcher prepared at all?
3. HOW DID YOU EVEN REPLY THAT FAST??

[email protected]

1. Not sure yet
4. Every app is downloaded as a "channel". The channels have a nice banner icon of the app on them and once launched for the first time act as installers, they extract the app files to SD card or USB drive, then uninstall themselves and install a forwarder in its place. this is because of the wii's internal storage constraints, to have the least nand footprint possible.

1. Might change
2. https://github.com/OpenShopChannel/WSC-Patcher
3. I have the thread watched :lol:

• Love
Reactions: Kopimist

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is different from the Homebrew Browser, right? Does it use the same repository, or maybe a new one with more apps, versions of apps, wad channels etc.?
Great job! 👍

Trophies
XP
1. Not sure yet
4. Every app is downloaded as a "channel". The channels have a nice banner icon of the app on them and once launched for the first time act as installers, they extract the app files to SD card or USB drive, then uninstall themselves and install a forwarder in its place. this is because of the wii's internal storage constraints, to have the least nand footprint possible.

1. Might change
2. https://github.com/OpenShopChannel/WSC-Patcher
3. I have the thread watched :lol:
Hmm..

Just looked at all the comments.
So basicially the channel is ready?
Oh yeah also, the patcher is a bit confusing.

dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hmm..

Just looked at all the comments.
So basicially the channel is ready?
Oh yeah also, the patcher is a bit confusing.

[email protected]
Not ready for general use, still loads of work left. The patcher is currently primarily targeted at creating development patches, we will have a friendlier one eventually.

Reactions: Kopimist
Trophies
XP
Not ready for general use, still loads of work left. The patcher is currently primarily targeted at creating development patches, we will have a friendlier one eventually.
Oh, like the one in the youtube video from 2018?
There was a patcher similar to the RiiConnect24 and WiiLink24 patcher.
Do you mean that one?

Oh yeah by the way since its complicated make some dev guide or smth for now.

Hey wait another idea.
When the channel is released, on the Homebrew Browser, release a channel installer that installs the wad. You can choose to overwrite the Wii Shop OR install as a seperate channel.

Trophies
XP
Ive finally finished making concepts!
This is just to think on what should be added. Sorta identical to the Wii Shop Channel.

OH YEAH QUICK WARNING: MAKING THE CHANNEL NOT DELETABLE MEANS THAT IT WILL STAY EVEN IF THE WII WAS FORMATTED.

1. New home screen (because the entire home screen was just s e a r c h)
newhome.PNG

I decided to remove the back button aswell AND add channels because:
1. On the Wii Shop you can simply press the "Wii Shop Channel" text at the top of the page on the home screen to go back. Thats why i removed the back button.
2. What I mean by channels is stuff like RiiConnect24, WiiLink, Wiimmfi, all of that stuff. Also maybe custom channels and forwarders too.

2. Settings
settings.PNG
mainsettings.PNG

I did this one becuase I think it was needed.

3. Channels
channels.PNG

If you want a reason on why I added this please look at the homepage suggestion.

4. Homebrew Screen
homebrew.PNG

I added this so that people can just look at the applications without having to search.
Just good idea.

5. Sorting

sort.PNG

Just did this so that if you cant find anything you can use the sort. Useful in some situations?

6. The Warning Screen

Shown below: The comparison between the suggestion warning screen and the real warning screen
warning.PNG
1660967934901.png

I added this screen for stuff that either changes your Wii's NAND, or for stuff that has a operations guide.

7: A nice easter egg..

This is what happens if you hold 1 down on the "Wii" screen.

Added it due to seeing something similar on RiiConnect24's website at the bottom of the page.
If you want, here are some of the stuffs for this easter egg.
Video: (Just so you can crop incase my cropping of the audio was bad..)

The cropped files: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/audio-zip.323431/?hash=34b4f1b1d84b17f23df8946320c033fe

Again though this is just some suggestions of what I THINK should be added. Just to benefit, dont need to credit me if you use any of these ideas.

(by the way i made all of these using powerpoint lol, im a good powerpoint artist)

Attachments

• audio.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 83

dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Ive finally finished making concepts!
This is just to think on what should be added. Sorta identical to the Wii Shop Channel.

OH YEAH QUICK WARNING: MAKING THE CHANNEL NOT DELETABLE MEANS THAT IT WILL STAY EVEN IF THE WII WAS FORMATTED.

1. New home screen (because the entire home screen was just s e a r c h)
View attachment 323416
I decided to remove the back button aswell AND add channels because:
1. On the Wii Shop you can simply press the "Wii Shop Channel" text at the top of the page on the home screen to go back. Thats why i removed the back button.
2. What I mean by channels is stuff like RiiConnect24, WiiLink, Wiimmfi, all of that stuff. Also maybe custom channels and forwarders too.

2. Settings
View attachment 323420View attachment 323419

I did this one becuase I think it was needed.

3. Channels
View attachment 323421
If you want a reason on why I added this please look at the homepage suggestion.

4. Homebrew Screen
View attachment 323422
I added this so that people can just look at the applications without having to search.
Just good idea.

5. Sorting

View attachment 323423
Just did this so that if you cant find anything you can use the sort. Useful in some situations?

6. The Warning Screen

Shown below: The comparison between the suggestion warning screen and the real warning screen
View attachment 323424View attachment 323428

I added this screen for stuff that either changes your Wii's NAND, or for stuff that has a operations guide.

7: A nice easter egg..

This is what happens if you hold 1 down.
View attachment 323430

Added it due to seeing something similar on RiiConnect24's website at the bottom of the page.
If you want, here are some of the stuffs for this easter egg.
Video: (Just so you can crop incase my cropping of the audio was bad..)

The cropped files: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/audio-zip.323431/?hash=34b4f1b1d84b17f23df8946320c033fe

Again though this is just some suggestions of what I THINK should be added. Just to benefit, dont need to credit me if you use any of these ideas.

(by the way i made all of these using powerpoint lol, im a good powerpoint artist)

[email protected]

Really cool and great ideas, will look into them.

Of course you will be credited if any of your ideas get used, no question here. :D

Trophies
XP
Really cool and great ideas, will look into them.

Of course you will be credited if any of your ideas get used, no question here. :D
Thanks!
Although really make sure the channel is deletable because well.. yeah if it cant be deleted, it will stay on the Wii even after format.

By the way was it strange I made it with PowerPoint out of all things?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.