leinad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello~ , Im not realy into the PSP yet, but I want to buy one: on ebay.

So, of corse I did some research, but I better want to ask before I bid on anything.

EVERY 100X is hackable with pandora, right ?

If it is: The brick chances with pandora are near zero (you cant promise it will not fail, but lets say 99% success chance) ? No one wants to trow away ~100€ ...

There's anything worth risking to buy a 200X than 100X, right ? (I dont care about lighter/slimmer) The bigger RAM makes me unsure: Will everything (games+homebrew) working on the slims also work on the Fat ?

And now a more ebay specific question,lol: Some write "Special FW *hint,hint*" and stuff into the description. And then there are some that just write the Firmware-Version: "5.50 "GEND#3"" would definely mean its CFW (the GEND) , or am I wrong ?

Thanks~

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every 1000 is pandora compatible, yes. Even if you do brick a 1000, you can unbrick it with a pandora too.

If you want a 2000 that's pandora compatible, you'd need a second hand one with an older motherboard, as the newer 2000s and all 3000s have a Ta088v3 motherboard (if that's the correct name, I believe it is) which has its own PRE IPL and won't work with pandora.

Some homebrew I think is written specifically for the slims given their adjusted specs, but I think most should work.

If it says GEN-D, M33, or anything like that, then it's CFW
smile.gif
OFW only contains numbers. If it is pandora compatible, it wouldn't matter which firmware it was running anyway - it could be hacked again regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.