Some questions you may awnser?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mawgoomba, May 2, 2011.

May 2, 2011
  1. Mawgoomba
    OP

Newcomer Mawgoomba Member

Netherlands
    Hello,

I haven't been using my wii for about a half year now I think.
    And at the time i've been using backup loaders and just burning the games to a dvd-r disk.
    It worked fine, but now I saw usb loaders and I thought that's much better then the 'old' method.

Because I've been out of 'business' for a while I got some questions and I hope you could awnser them.
    I've seen some videos of wiiflow and I would like to use this usb loader, my current version is 4.1e

- Shall I update to a newer firmware version, or is 4.1e still good?
    - What do I have to install to run wiiflow probably?

I do have the homebrew channel ofcourse, but I don't know what Âios things i've got installed and things like that.
    I hope you could help me with this, so I can play some good games i've missed like mario galaxy 2, donkey kong, etc [​IMG]

Regards,

Goomba

2. Stewy12

Member Stewy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    4.1 is fine. Future updates mostly remove homebrew. It also updates your IOS a bit, but those are hardly needed as you will be using cIOS to run pretty much everything. And if needed, you can install the often-used-by-homebrew IOS58 with this installer.

Wiiflow, or most other usb loaders, follow the same conventions as other homebrew. You need the boot.dol in the \apps\wiiflow directory (either on USB or on SD), and the proper cIOS to boot it. That's really it.

To play games with it, you need a compatible USB drive (obvious). wiiflow (as well as the other recent usb loaders) support WBFS, FAT32 and NTFS partitioning, though I would recommend FAT32. To convert games to the proper format, you can use a manager like wii backup manager.

For more guides and files to install, you can check modmii (as previously mentioned). For more details, check this link.

Perhaps a note: while most games work fine under rev21 base IOS 56 or Hermes's 222, some (like black ops) don't. USB loaders allow you to choose per game which cIOS to use, so don't panic if some games don't work straight away.

4. Mawgoomba
    OP

Newcomer Mawgoomba Member

Netherlands
    Thanks was pretty easy [​IMG]
    Just tried Super Mario Galaxy 2 so far, but it works great!

I'm now installing a game from disk, see how that works.