Some questions related to vWii and launchers

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by henrikhoe, Dec 28, 2012.

Dec 28, 2012
  1. henrikhoe
    OP

Newcomer henrikhoe Newbie

Norway
    Hello

So first of all, i followed a guide in here, and it worked beauitully. I owned a wii like 2-3 years ago which i softmodded, however, i remember then i used wads to get on the homescreen, this is not something i should do now right?

im going into HBC and launching usb launcher there.

But because of this, none of my launcher settings "stick".

By that i mean, if i select 3d coverflow view etc, and quit the launcher, when i come back, its back to grid view etc. Is it required that the SD card therefor is always in the wii u? And that i have to remember to take it out before launching virtual wii, and pressing it in when im inside the wii menu.

Just remember from the "old days" that this wasnt neccesary because of the channel and that the settings stayed

2. henrikhoe
    OP

Norway
    also, i use configurable usb loader now, and wanted to try usb loader gx to see if the settings "stick" like, the default view etc, but there is so many files on their project, to use on different ios, anyone can help out

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    USBLoaderGX remembers your last used mode/layout and launched game, etc.

You need only one file: the boot.dol
    You can add the icon.png and the meta.xml which are provided too, so it looks better in the homebrew channel.
    Put the three files in:
    SD :/apps/usbloader_gx/

the other files (the config files, the folders for the covers, etc.) will be created automatically by the loader.

As for "the many files on the project", maybe you refer to the files into the download page?
    download the "USBLoaderGX 3.0 all-in-one package IOS249"
    extract the /app/ folder on your SD card.
    That's all.

Other files from the package are not needed on vWii (the channels are forwaders are not working).

v3.0 has some bug (do not download theme files, it will freeze), which are fixed in newer beta version.
    but for vWii, 3.0 is fine.

For the SD card:
    The WiiU deletes known savegame exploit (like Smashstack), that's why you were told to put the SD card only in vWii mode.
    But once the vWii is hacked, you don't need to keep that file so you don't care if the game's exploit file is deleted (you can even delete it yourself).

Some users reported that the WiiU froze when the SD card was inserted, but just try. It it works without freezing then you can keep it in your WiiU.

4. creep

Newcomer creep Newbie

United States
    You can modify the config.txt file for configurable usb loader. The entries you'll want to modify are "theme" and "gui_style".

5. henrikhoe
    OP

Norway
    Thank you

Really appreciate that you take the time to explain this to me.

Deleted the savegame exploit and it works now. Having the sd card in all the time.

Regarding USB loader gx beta/svn

Can i use this version and use themes etc?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9xo7ia03ani0atc

This is USB loader gx r1207

And finally there is no way to install hbc and a USB loader oter places then THE sd card. Its not a problem. Just need to get another sd card for my camera

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    The file is not the official build of the loader (maybe the user who uploaded it removed the .elf and kept only one boot.dol?)
    but this is the latest version (1207 mod01) so yes, it's fine.