Hacking Some questions related to the GATEWAY 3DS.

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys! I had a tough time deciding what would be best: SKY3DS or GATEWAY. After a week, I decided to go GATEWAY, because I can play DS games and online games, since it's easier to inject a private header. Now, I just have some questions:

- I must boot gateway to be able to play cracked games. However, if I turn off the console, do I have to boot it again?
- Do I really need to install an EmuNAND?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of installing EmuNAND?
- Is it possible that Nintendo can block entirely the GATEWAY and make my flashcard unusable?
- Can I play online games with the GATEWAY?
- How do I play DS games with the blu card? Same way as the red card?
- Lastly, is there any chance of "bricking" my 3DS in the process, if i'm not careful?

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Of course. You need to be in gateway mode to play backups.
2. Why you don't want to? It's convenient and safe to use. And you can even do a backup of whole system.
3. Well, you are not operating on sysnand, so even if you broke something, your console will be OK. Disadvantages? Well, nothing. You can't play ds games on emunand.
4. I didn't ever played, so I don't know. You can probably on cia games
5. You can play ds games only on sysnand, and you need to patch some files to get it working if you are on FW greater than 4.5
6. Hmm, only when you try to mess up with sysnand. Or if you have gateway clone.

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1. Of course. You need to be in gateway mode to play backups.
2. Why you don't want to? It's convenient and safe to use. And you can even do a backup of whole system.
3. Well, you are not operating on sysnand, so even if you broke something, your console will be OK. Disadvantages? Well, nothing. You can't play ds games on emunand.
4. I didn't ever played, so I don't know. You can probably on cia games
5. You can play ds games only on sysnand, and you need to patch some files to get it working if you are on FW greater than 4.5
6. Hmm, only when you try to mess up with sysnand. Or if you have gateway clone.

Thanks for the reply. I watched a tutorial on Youtube and he didn't need to install EmuNAND to play cracked games. That's the only thing I want.
So, to play DS games, can you post a link to a tutorial of how to play DS games using GATWAY ULTRA? And btw, i'm afraid I can brick my 3DS when I'm installing the Gateway. If I follow all the instructions right, i'm OK, right?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- I must boot gateway to be able to play cracked games. However, if I turn off the console, do I have to boot it again? - Yes but you can now auto boot Gateway mode
- Do I really need to install an EmuNAND? - No but it's there as a safety measure to prevent bricking
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of installing EmuNAND? - Emunand cannot run DS games but Sysnand can
- Is it possible that Nintendo can block entirely the GATEWAY and make my flashcard unusable? - Never they can only block you from updating to the latest firmware which as of now has been cracked (according to the Gateway team)
- Can I play online games with the GATEWAY? - Yes by ripping a games private header and patching your roms with Gateway rom patcher 1.2
- How do I play DS games with the blu card? Same way as the red card? install the bluecardfix.cia to Sysnand
- Lastly, is there any chance of "bricking" my 3DS in the process, if i'm not careful? - No that's the purpose of Emunand to prevent your system from bricking if you mess with something your not supposed to

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand lets you update leaving your system clean and exploitable. Otherwise you would be stuck on 9.2 to be able to use GW. Bricking should be impossible as long as you do not install anything to system NAND. Lastly, with menuhax you can auto boot the GW just by holding L when the system boots. This also includes leaving system settings or when you exit a heavy game like smash or monster hunter, as they reboot the system when you exit them.

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks guys. So, how does the EmuNAND work? Do I need to "boot" it or something to be able to use it? I already know it's hosted on my SD Card. How much space do I need to have? And can I use a ROM of Cubic Ninja to do the ninjhax exploit and auto boot the Gateway? Or I must have a pysical copy?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to "boot" it or something to be able to use it? - Use HBL with CTRbootmanager to auto boots Gateways boot.3dsx
How much space do I need to have? - At least 2 Gigs to setup Emunand but you will have limited space for CIA's if you're into that
Can I use a ROM of Cubic Ninja to do the ninjhax exploit and auto boot the Gateway? You could use Ninjhax 2.5 to setup HBL and do what i described above but Cubic Ninja is not needed anymore

royant1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just checking, what firmware version are you on? And why gateway (which I have and like) and not CFW?

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I still don't have a 3DS, it's coming next week xD. I'm just preparing if the version is compatible. If not, well, SKY3DS wins, i guess xD.

What do you mean by CFW?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still don't have a 3DS, it's coming next week xD. I'm just preparing if the version is compatible. If not, well, SKY3DS wins, i guess xD.

What do you mean by CFW?
custom firmware
you have to load up gateway's cfw in order to play those games you stored in red card, but gateway's cfw require the red card as the entrance key

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE