Hacking Some questions related to CFW on different consoles

CharizardMen99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just got some questions about CFW on two different console,my brother old 3ds,and my New 3ds.

I checked his old 3ds firmware,and i noticed that he still have the version 11.2.0-35E,and after checking the 3dsGuide website,i found out that i can use soundhax to install CFW on his 3ds,for now everything is ok...but after some minutes i got a question...

Right after installing CFW on his 3ds,can i update his 3ds WITHOUT problems? or i need to do something in particular to update it?

Anyway,i mention my new 3ds before because i want to install CFW on my console too,but...i noticed that there are a lot of methods to install it...

And if im right...can i install CFW on my new 3ds,using my brother old 3ds?

I remember that some people said that one of the many ways to install CFW is using an hacked console to hack a clean console,using the download app of the 3ds...I hope im not wrong xd

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got some questions about CFW on two different console,my brother old 3ds,and my New 3ds.

I checked his old 3ds firmware,and i noticed that he still have the version 11.2.0-35E,and after checking the 3dsGuide website,i found out that i can use soundhax to install CFW on his 3ds,for now everything is ok...but after some minutes i got a question...

Right after installing CFW on his 3ds,can i update his 3ds WITHOUT problems? or i need to do something in particular to update it?
You should be following this guide to install CFW onto his 3DS: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Once B9S is installed, that is when it is okay to update. In other words, when the guide says to update, that's when you should update.

Anyway,i mention my new 3ds before because i want to install CFW on my console too,but...i noticed that there are a lot of methods to install it...

I remember that some people said that one of the many ways to install CFW is using an hacked console to hack a clean console,using the download app of the 3ds...I hope im not wrong xd
You didn't mention it, but I am going to assume that your 3DS is on 11.6. The cheapest way to install CFW to it would be to use the DSiWare method. Very recently, however, it became possible with seedminer to do this method without needing a second 3DS with CFW already on it. In other words, you don't need your brother's 3DS in order to be able to install CFW to yours.

CharizardMen99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should be following this guide to install CFW onto his 3DS: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Once B9S is installed, that is when it is okay to update. In other words, when the guide says to update, that's when you should update.

You didn't mention it, but I am going to assume that your 3DS is on 11.6. The cheapest way to install CFW to it would be to use the DSiWare method. Very recently, however, it became possible with seedminer to do this method without needing a second 3DS with CFW already on it. In other words, you don't need your brother's 3DS in order to be able to install CFW to yours.
Then with seedminer and DSiWare method i don't need to buy anything?

CharizardMen99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You will still need to purchase a compatible DSiWare game for $1.99 on your 3DS.
Ok,gonna buy something tomorrow if i can then.

But anyway...do you have a written tutorial for the seedminer method? asking for this since i wanna follow a written tutorial instead of a video tutorial

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

after you passed the step called "configuring luma 3ds" you can update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: