Hacking Some questions regarding Online and Custom firmware

YharnamBadass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have 10.3 Reinand on my New 3DS XL. I have access to my eshop, and this is my question.

Can I just grab any cia that has online multiplayer and start playing online right away or do I have to grab the cia and patch it?.

Are there probabilities of nintendo banning me? I know it happened to flashcart users, but what about custom firmwares?.

is it safe to update a game cart with cias and install dlc cias for it?.

D

Deleted User

CIAs are completely fine for online use. It's only when you're using a Sky3DS when you have to patch the roms for online use (I think you have to patch the private header, I've never really used a Sky3DS before).

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just grab any cia that has online multiplayer and start playing online right away or do I have to grab the cia and patch it?.
if the online game needs one then you can use a dlc/update .cia (or if the .cia is the same region as the console you can use the eshop to get updates and/or dlc)
is it safe to update a game cart with cias and install dlc cias for it?.
yes

YharnamBadass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks for the replies guys, so much tension off my shoulders.

Two more quick questions

1: My console is US region, can I play online EUR games on it?. (Not that I would any soon, my only EUR games are Kirby and Phoenix Wright).

2: Can I activate the online features of EUR cias like streetpass, spotpass and whanot just like I would on US Cias and Games?.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys, so much tension off my shoulders.

Two more quick questions

1: My console is US region, can I play online EUR games on it?. (Not that I would any soon, my only EUR games are Kirby and Phoenix Wright).

2: Can I activate the online features of EUR cias like streetpass, spotpass and whanot just like I would on US Cias and Games?.
1. yes
2. yes
edit :bortz2:'ed

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended