Gaming Some questions regarding nintendo switch eshop purchased(digital content,dlc,ecc...)

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I've a really unhealthy problem with my nintendo switch and I'm a little stuck from 2-3 about what to do in my situation,I'll try to explain my point of view and all my insecurities in the best possible way:
1. I'm the "primary"nintendo switch I believe because I never shared my account contents with other users.Deleting the user account linked to my nintendo account will delete the digital stuff(dlc and games from eshop)from all other users? example: I purchased smash ultimate with that account and usually I'm able to play the game using other accounts if in the same switch .
2. What happen if I permanently delete the nintendo account associated at my purchased?Will I lost all them? (basically the same question but from a mirror view)
3 Can I change the date of birth of my nintendo account contacting Nintendo?Somebody tried this?We can't from our profile but browsing have not see a definitive answer from any topics

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be able to answer the second question. afaik, content is tied to the account, but then tied to the system (primary switch) the account is on. if the account is on other systems, you must be signed in in order to use the content. I don't know if you can technically delete your account from existence, but if you can, all of your purchases will probably be gone permanently. if your system fails, I think you need to call nintendo to get the primary switch removed from the account. your stuff is reasonably safe. all users on the same switch can use each others purchases, so I'd imagine that if you deleted your account, your purchases would be deleted too. that's how it works on the wii u anyway. I mean why wouldn't it? is that what you're asking?

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I might be able to answer the second question. afaik, content is tied to the account, but then tied to the system (primary switch) the account is on. if the account is on other systems, you must be signed in in order to use the content. I don't know if you can technically delete your account from existence, but if you can, all of your purchases will probably be gone permanently. if your system fails, I think you need to call nintendo to get the primary switch removed from the account. your stuff is reasonably safe. all users on the same switch can use each others purchases, so I'd imagine that if you deleted your account, your purchases would be deleted too. that's how it works on the wii u anyway. I mean why wouldn't it? is that what you're asking?

I'm a little afraid doing procedures like that because I never owned a wii U and so it's all new for me.It's a little complicated: I've a save data of pokemon shield on this user account ,but because I linked the user account to the nintendo one with a date of birth different from what is used to the portal of this game(the two dates must be the same to be linked)now I'm in a limbo position: nintendo account don't give access to change your date of birth and you can't unlink the user from the nintendo profile.This mean ,because Nintendo incapacity, now I will not ever be in the capacity to play the game in the way I like.I'm very disappointed from what Nintendo did with his system all this irreversible process
So to answer to your question: my only way is to ask Nintendo to unlink the user linked to the N account so then I can link again this account to another nintendo switch user and don't have to delete my precious save from the first user.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo switch it's really frustrating from what I've see...it limit the user freedom too much...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might have a problem with that game's save. to prevent cheating, Nintendo doesn't even allow you to use cloud saving with it. it's heavily restricted. I was a little hesitant at first to migrate my user and saves to my animal crossing switch, but it was a seamless process really. everything worked and it even migrated the primary switch stuff. I can see why you'd be hesitant with saves. that's the only reason I have nso. my first switch's nand got corrupted according to Nintendo. it was still under warranty and legit, so they sent me a refurbished system. no issues with it. I think my switch died due to a faulty extension cable. anyway, I lost all saves when that happened since I didn't have nso at the time, and the NAND was corrupted. limiting user freedom = you're right, I agree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it's only like $4000