Gaming Some questions in need of answering....

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,458
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
So, I wanna buy a modded Xbox 360 (Jasper), but need some questions to be answered. Some of them are retarded , so forgive me

1)Arcade or Pro? I'm leaning towards Pro, but i don't know.

2)Can modded Xbox play online? As in, playing backups online?

3)Possible to update the firmware, offline?

4)What is the firmware that supports uninterrupted custom music?

5)Price for a modded pro (Jasper set) is RM 1480 (Which is USD 422). Worth it? Xbox ain't official here at Malaysia, so we had to order from the US.

6)Do I need the HDMI cable? OR could I just play it on mah crappy 16" TV?

7)What precautions should I take in order to avoid (Or getting away) RROD?

8)Currently, this is my entertainment setup. Should I ease the space a little bit? Or should I reconsider a different place to put the system?
SP_A1592-1.jpg

9)I play video games on a weekly basis, only on the weekends. At most I'd be playing for 3 hours, then give the system a one-hour break, then play again. Good or no good? (I did this to my Wii and PS2, by the way)

10)What happens when a console is banned? Is it completely locked out? Or we just can't access the internet?

11)How to know if the Xbox 360 is firmware-modded?

12)Precautions to avoid banning?

I think that's it, for now. By the way, I viewed some videos of GTA IV, and it is indeed awesome. What's your opinion on the game?

Forgive me for the excess number of questions. Thanks in advance

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
So, I wanna buy a modded Xbox 360 (Jasper), but need some questions to be answered. Some of them are retarded , so forgive me

1)Arcade or Pro? I'm leaning towards Pro, but i don't know.

2)Can modded Xbox play online? As in, playing backups online?

3)Possible to update the firmware, offline?

4)What is the firmware that supports uninterrupted custom music?

5)Price for a modded pro (Jasper set) is RM 1480 (Which is USD 422). Worth it? Xbox ain't official here at Malaysia, so we had to order from the US.

6)Do I need the HDMI cable? OR could I just play it on mah crappy 16" TV?

7)What precautions should I take in order to avoid (Or getting away) RROD?

8)Currently, this is my entertainment setup. Should I ease the space a little bit? Or should I reconsider a different place to put the system?
SP_A1592-1.jpg

9)I play video games on a weekly basis, only on the weekends. At most I'd be playing for 3 hours, then give the system a one-hour break, then play again. Good or no good? (I did this to my Wii and PS2, by the way)

10)What happens when a console is banned? Is it completely locked out? Or we just can't access the internet?

11)How to know if the Xbox 360 is firmware-modded?

12)Precautions to avoid banning?

I think that's it, for now. By the way, I viewed some videos of GTA IV, and it is indeed awesome. What's your opinion on the game?

Forgive me for the excess number of questions. Thanks in advance
1. Pro of course, you need the memory.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but why would you want to?

4. Just grab the latest and you're good to go.

5. Kind of pricey... I mean you can go for it, but try to look for something a little cheaper.

6. You can play it on a crappy tv. It comes with a hybrid composite/component cable.

7. Plenty of breathing space.

8. You definitely need some space for the system.

9. I have done sessions where I play like 5 hours in a row. I don't do that everyday so with your method your xbox should survive.

10. When the console is banned, it cannot connect to live at all. You would have to buy another system.

11. You can open up your 360 and hook it up to your pc and check... which I doubt you'll do. There is no easy to way to check.

12. Don't play games that haven't been released yet. That's about it.

GTA4 is so sexy. I have played through it 3 times. I almost have all the achievements in it. I love it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks! Oh yea, I have two more last questions:

1)By Firmware modding, does it mean the Xbox 360's firmware or the DVD Drive's firmware? Or is there a combination of both?

2)If the thing is firmware-modded, if I update the Xbox 360 firmware, will it remove the backup loading capability? Or the two things aren't related at all?

Sorry for the noob questions, still trying to get it clear :S

Oh yea, can't wait for Final Fantasy XIII to come on the Xbox
biggrin.gif

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. It is the DVD drive's firmware.

2. It is safe to update the system firmware and you will not lose the backup loading capability. This is as of now, who knows if MS will eventually be able to stop IX1.51 (or 1.6) via updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the... +1