Some questions i got !

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dark-koopa, Apr 25, 2008.

Apr 25, 2008

Some questions i got ! by dark-koopa at 8:13 PM (1,195 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. dark-koopa
    OP

Newcomer dark-koopa Advanced Member

Canada
    Hi,

Can you please answer some of these questions because i seem very lost in this new world [​IMG]

1. Wich is better, Twilight Hack or homebrew channel.. wich is safer ?

2. Can we run more than one homebrew in a single SD card or we need always to change it if we want to use another one. ?

3. What is WAD ?

4. It is risked to install released VC games ?

Thanks [​IMG]

Dark-Koopa.

2. ssmatt

Newcomer ssmatt Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    1. Both are safe, but the Twilight Hack is basically the Stone age version of what the Homebrew channel is now (though that is also in its early stages). Get that, and it is used to load .elf files. You will also want the WAD installer, which will install .wad files as channels (VC games and things are in this format). Both of these can be found easily.

2. The homebrew channel will only load one .elf file at a time, and it must be called boot.elf. I'd imagine they'll make a fully menu based one eventually where you can simply select it on the wii itself at some point.

3. Wad files are basically channel roms. You can get all the VC games in this format, or homebrew applications have been put into them too. Use Wad installer to install them to your wii.

4. Keep the wii Connect 24 off at all times unless you need it, just to be safe. Nintendo aren't doing anything right now (And probably won't), but by doing this you'll get the news of anything and learn what to do about it here if it ever does happen.

3. dark-koopa
    OP

Canada
    Thanks [​IMG]

I've just got a last little questions..

Do i need to always replace homebrews in my SD Card to use it.. (or rename the one i want to use as boot.elf) ?

4. ssmatt

Newcomer ssmatt Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    The Homebrew channel is programmed to look in the root of the SD card for boot.elf and load it, so yes doing that would be a great way of saving time. Just remember what your current boot.elf is lol.

And also for future reference, make a folder in the root of the SD card called 'wad'. Any .wad files you want to install you can put in here, and the wad installer will detect and open them in a similar fashion. (No renaming involved with this one though, anything in that folder will be installed)

5. dark-koopa
    OP

Canada
    Do we need the Twilight Hack to run .elf

Any other issues cuz i don't got TP [​IMG] ?

THX

6. Azadar

Member Azadar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ive been asking this all day no one is helping out here!

I have no idea how to get the homebrew channel on the Wii?

7. Neznat

Newcomer Neznat Member

United Kingdom
    You need to run the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel. After it's installed you can just use the channel.
    Could have been found at http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_Channel the first result for homebrew channel on Google. [​IMG]

You don't have to replace boot.elf every time, try the Wii Homebrew Launcher, http://wiihomebrewlauncher.be.cx/ , http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%...=en&ie=UTF8 . I haven't personally tried this though, but I've heard good things.

Edit: Just tried it, awesome.