Some questions for those knowledgeable on both current 3DS and Vita hacking scenes

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand both systems have current official firmwares that are unhackable, except for the 3ds, which would require some sort of hard ware mod which I'd rather not mess with.

Which system would be easier to find with a hackable firmware, which makes it easier to run backups and which is is more likely to break through this current stale mate?

I

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Buy a 3ds, as if you're on the latest firmware version you can at least run homebrews and if you hardmod it you can also run backups. If you have a vita on the latest firmware version you can't run homebrews. Furthermore on the 3ds you can use more emulators, and there's a huge library of games.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any 3DS can be downgraded without hardmodding, although it requires patience and a second 3DS that's already hacked (if the unhacked system is a 2DS or o3DS/XL, the hacked one can't be a New 3DS/XL).

Vita/PSTV systems are currently screwed past 3.60, and while there's nothing on-the-shelves with 3.61, there's also not much on the shelves, period. As for preowned systems, you'd have to ask the seller. The last memory card I bought came from someone who'd already updated, but you'd figure most of the active users these days would at least be semi-aware of the circumstances.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?