Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Is the "WAD Manager" included with the Homebrew Channel? You don't need to download it seperately?

2. I've read Onslaught requires you to install IOS 55 to run the game. Is it true? How do I do so?

3. If I leave WiiConnect24 on, will it update my Wii without notice or will it prompt when I turn the Wii on if I want to update and then say "no"?

4. Virtual Console games are installed the same way WiiWare games are installed right? Do I have to avoid the Wii Shop Channel at all costs though?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. You download Wad Manager serprate to the homebrew channel. You put it in the apps folder of the sd card

2. I think you can just install IOS55 sepretaly from wad manager

3. Nintendo wont force you to update your wii, Just click Dont update and it wont.

4. Why would you need to avoid the wii shop channel????? You can install VC and wiiware with the wad manager if thats what you are talking about.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
1. You download Wad Manager serprate to the homebrew channel. You put it in the apps folder of the sd card

2. I think you can just install IOS55 sepretaly from wad manager

3. Nintendo wont force you to update your wii, Just click Dont update and it wont.

4. Why would you need to avoid the wii shop channel????? You can install VC and wiiware with the wad manager if thats what you are talking about.

Well I was worried that Nintendo would detect it and do something to your Wii so I was just curious. One more questions

In the WAD Manager download file it says

1. Create a folder called "wad" in the root of the storage device.
2. Copy all the WAD packages in the folder created in the step 1.

Do I need to follow this or should I just put the Wad Folder in the Apps folder? Also when I install IOS55, will it cause any problems?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you put all .wad files in a folder called "wad" that you make on the root of your sd card.

I dont know if the game your using just needs IOS55 or if it needs IOS 38, 53, and 55. I guess you can try just 55, But its safe to install all three with Wad Manager.

You are at 3.2 right???

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Yes you put all .wad files in a folder called "wad" that you make on the root of your sd card.

I dont know if the game your using just needs IOS55 or if it needs IOS 38, 53, and 55. I guess you can try just 55, But its safe to install all three with Wad Manager.

You are at 3.2 right???

Yeah 3.2. But why would I need to install all three? Doesnt IOS55 solve compatibility fixes with previous IOS updates? Also, the WAD Manager file goes in the apps but the actual wads actually go into a Wad folder for the manager to boot up, is that right?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes.

.wad files go in "wad" folder on sd card.
wadmanager.dol goes in apps ( boot.dol )

Ya just install IOS55 and if the disk still asks for update or doesnt run, then install the other two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk