some questions about M3 real and supercard ds1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dilav, May 12, 2008.

May 12, 2008
  1. dilav
    OP

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    On the Supercard DS One, does the cheats scroll, or does it get cut off like the slot 2s?
    Is there still no way to replace the black screen in the cheat menu/rts?
    Could the gba roms be run off slot 1 and uses slot 2 as ram, or is there a option to boot to slot 2 gba mode from slot 1? Or do i have to do this from the ds menu? Supercard interface looks ugly and also slowish, even with some other themes...
    Also whats the differnces between OS One and DS one besides one is FR, why is it released, some say supermate is required?

the reviews say that M3 GUI is slow, is it still the same. Ive also heard about the Sakura firmware that seems nice...
    Is the M3 gba expansion any good, is it as slow to write on as the EZ V?

Thanks.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can launch a GBA file from the SCDS menu and it will load into the slot-2 Supercard's RAM and execute, but you can't save this way (at least not as far as I can tell) so you'd be better off using the SCDS as a NoPass to boot the slot-2 Supercard in DS mode.

3. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    RTS has just a black screen with a save load option, but it's all you need really, save or load, go

but yes the in game cheat menu doesn't scroll just like the sc slot-2's so lots cheat descriptions get cut off which i think is really dumb, considering how good the cheat engine is and it must be an easy fix after all, the best option is to rename the cheats yourself and create a new file, but you can always use the dstt menu cheats or yasu too.

and personally i find the scds-1 menu nice, i click a folder it opens right away, i can;t really see what all this slowness stuff is about. The only thing i can think of is the time for a rom to start is kind of longer than other carts, but still only @ 4 seconds or so, i don't really see what the fuss is about, again you can always use the dstt or yasu menus, which you can switch to one from another, or choose at boot up via holding the 'x' or 'y' button.... maybe people experiencing slowness in the actaul scds-1 menu haven't got the memory card speed set and saved..... but i would agree that the scds1 menu could be nicer to use, especially for the first time user, but the trick is to swap the screens (L+A) and just navigate with the pen, just like windows.

4. dilav
    OP

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Didnt know you could swap screens. If u say its not ugly then its not ugly, because i do not have one n i do not know. [​IMG] The cheat thing is dumb, i got used to the cut off, but still, is it really that hard to fix this issue? But it is real time cheat/save. The supercard slot 2 game/gui load fast, but gba is slow. Supercard does have surprises though like the cheat function added to slot 2 and the rts on slot 1. Which makes me having a hard time choosing between it and the m3 which dont have much support for their older cards.

The EZ V is another card that i have, it is really slow, writing/backup the save file then loading the game. The EZV is also really buggy and isnt a good choice that i made.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

5. lurbi

Member lurbi GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Have you tried the new 1.72 open betas??
    They offer direct save.
    The latest release features complete download compatibility.
    And the next one will have additional AR cheat compatibility added on top of their own cheats.

It will not support SDHC, but IMHO it is a good basic flashcart, when 1.72 final comes out.

6. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    So how much RAM does the SC Lite have? Is it enough for even the largest GBA games? I can't find any information on that. And is there a list of non-working GBA ROMs for the SC Lite? I know that the EZ3-in-1's GBA compatibility is supposed to be better, but the idea of running GBA ROMs straight from the Slot-1's OS without the need for some sort of loader application really sounds intriguing.

7. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    Don't buy an sc for gba games, they are just not that good for them.. great at DS games tho.

Just because your thinking of getting an scds-1 don't think you are limited to an sc-slot 2 cart, because you can use any slot-2 for gba with the greatest of ease from any slot-1... a popular and cheap choice is the EZ 3in1.

8. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I already have an SCDS1 and an EZ 3-in-1 (check my sig). And I'm perfectly happy with the SCDS1. The one thing that's missing for utter perfection is a Slot-2 that wouldn't require ExpLoader or some other dedicated homebrew app.

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The SCL has 32 MB of RAM as long as you don't get the Rumble version. However, like I said earlier, when launching GBA files directly from the SCDS menu you cannot save at all. You can load your save files, but you can't save them.

Just use ExpLoader and save yourself the $40.