Hacking Some questions about Haxchi and USB Helper

Makor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I currently have my WiiU moded with Haxchi and CBHC installed with the latest version. I'm using WiiU USB Helper to patch games into the sysnand (I don't have an external HDD I can use right now) and so far there has been no issues.

However, I want to install some VC games because nostalgia, N64 Paper Mario being one of those, and I wonder if I can do that the same way or I need to do something else (cause it says CFW only and I'm not sure that would work with my setup, probably yes).

Also, second question, do I need to have my SD plugged into the WiiU at all times or it doesn't matter once everything is set up?

One more. I'm waiting for an HDD which should be delivered in a few days. If I install games there, do I also have to keep it plugged at all times or as long as I don't touch the direct access for the HDD games it doesn't matter if I don't have it?

Thanks!

Kyousak

Also known as VVSKartell
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your CBHC Setting is Boot Sysnand or Boot Mocha CFW you can install the Games that say CFW only

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And to your second question. After everything is installed you can just take the sd out

Makor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have cbhc to autoboot system menu, so would i be able to install cfw only games or do i need to run something else?

Also, anyone knows about the hdd issue?

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you can install CFW only games, by the look of it.

About the HDD, you can switch the Wii U off, then unplug the HDD, then turn it on with no HDD, and it will be fine. You can then turn off the Wii U, plug it back in again and turn on, it'll be fine.

I'm not sure about the SD card. I use mocha cfw for installing unsigned or out of region stuff. And I use sigpatcher2sysmenu after I have booted up the Wii U to run the unsigned games. I'm pretty sure I need the SD card in to use both of those programs, because that's where their directories and files are.

D

Deleted User

You can install: Legit games, CFW-Only games, Region locked games, you get that idea.
After you're done with everything, take out SDCard. [If you really want to]

For VC games, install VC games from USA/JAP. [They're faster than EU VC]

HDD, hmm... Wii U will check everytime on boot for external HDD. [It will try to load it, if it doesn't detect it then it will allow you to use Wii U like you always do]
Games might show as "?" or "Corrupted" unless you will plug-in back HDD [read: might]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol