GCN Some Questions About GC File Formats...

TheRagingMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm interested in ripping models and sounds from Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, for the GameCube. Now, I've managed to rip only some of the music files with Dolphin and convert them over to WAVs with Winamp. But, other songs, like the Title theme, are in .arcs. I also have come to believe that the model files are located in these archives as well.

As of right now, I have resorted to using 3DX Ripper to retrieve models and textures. Now, this is effective, but some models are only extracted in LOD forms, and some are missed entirely because of some form of Occlusion Culling(I'm trying to rip the entire Valley map). It would be very easy if I could simply get the raw data from these .arc files. After days of research, I have tried just about every tool known to man that is supposed to decompress these .arcs. Such as, Arcman and SZS Tools(Including yaz0dec).

Despite what the software descriptions say, none of them successfully decompile these .arcs. Thus, I am here to ask for assistance. Perhaps there is some sort of software I missed? Am I using Yaz0Dec wrongly? I heard U8Tools can decompile, but I can't find a valid link for it. I'm very frustrated with this... Help meh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)