Hacking Homebrew Some questions about emulation on PSP (slim)

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The first, and most important for me, is GBA emulation. I've googled but didn't find any new, updated compatibility lists. But i heard is very good. My question: HOW good? Are there ANY games (EU/US), particularly any good/great/classic ones, that are not fully working (and i mean 100% working, not 99.9% working
wink.gif
)?
Also, if you set the game to full screen, but with aspect ratio on (with left and right black bars), how does it look, compared to a GBA SP with brigher screen? It's the same size, or is the psp bigger (with same aspect ratio, but upscaled to psp screen)? Which one looks better? Any reason to get a GBA SP with brighter screen, if i have a psp (i plan to buy one)?

PSX: With Sony's pops (or other, which is best), do you have 100% compatibility? If not, what good/great/classicgames don't work (as in 100% fully playable, not 99%)? Some examples please...(not all of them, lol)
smile.gif

SNES: I know it's not 100% compatibility, then what good/great/classic games don't work? Some examples here, too...

Zesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DBZ : Hyper Dimension, Super Butoden 2 and 3 so far are slow. I speed it up as much as I could but it's still not 100%

All games that I've tried also worked with GBA, same with PS1.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I don't have a compatibility list but what I can say is:

GBA: Runs super smooth, 90% of speed for most games and RTC support. Also save states, about aspect ratio, the usual, 1:1, Zoomed and Full Screen.
The emulator is called gpPSP.

SNES: Runs fine, and its frame rate depends heavily on the game. Mode 7 is poorly supported, but RPGs are ideal. Savestates supported and many options for chosing the aspect ratio too.
The emulator is called SNES9Xtyl or something like that. (Can't remember exactly sorry =( )

PSX: Great compatibility, the only game I've tested and didn't work was Doom PSX, the only problem is the controls because the lack of buttons.
So far I've tested:
Gran Turismo 1&2
Tactics Ogre
All the FFs
All the Resident Evils (2 has issues I think, or had at least)
Dark Forces
Star Wars Demolition
Grandia
Chrono Cross
Rhapsody
Tomb Raider 3
Castlevania Chronicles and Symphony
and many more I can't remember
All of them with 100% compatibility and framerate, just make sure you are using the latest custom firmware and the latest pop.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PSX: Great compatibility, the only game I've tested and didn't work was Doom PSX, the only problem is the controls because the lack of buttons.
So far I've tested:
All of them with 100% compatibility and framerate, just make sure you are using the latest custom firmware and the latest pop.

I assume your using built-in PS1 emulation rather than an emulator. What do you do when it prompts you to switch discs (like FF7)?

thx

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
So far I've tested:

I assume your using built-in PS1 emulation rather than an emulator. What do you do when it prompts you to switch discs (like FF7)?

thx

Yup, the official one, the emulator is currently not so advanced.

About multi disc games, as long as you are prompted to save the game and change the disk is no problem, just load the second disc's ISO and load the save game. The key is to code the disks of the same game with the same SLUS code.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup, the official one, the emulator is currently not so advanced.

About multi disc games, as long as you are prompted to save the game and change the disk is no problem, just load the second disc's ISO and load the save game. The key is to code the disks of the same game with the same SLUS code.

Thanks!

Ripping my old Chrono Cross discs now...

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For GBA emulation on the Slim I recommend the Hen D compiled version of gpSP 0.9 and for Snes emulation I recommend Snes TYL 0.42 ME the Chilly Willy Port. He is also working on another Snes port which will be alot faster.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i would be interested in is n64 emulation but from what i am reading here, it's not very good :S

N64 emulation on the Psp isn't very good although Mario 64 runs quite well in some areas. Alot of improvements have been made to N64 on the Psp but it will be a very long wait before you see anything great. Super Smash Brothers runs pretty well with sound disabled though. Once sound has been moved over to the Media Engine it should no longer slow down games. Check here for updates http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol