Hacking Some questions about dump private header w/o powersave/gateway card

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my first topic!

Let's go for it, i want to dump a private header without powersave, i have a new 3ds xl and the only option i saw is go gateway, but i think that exploit is fixed in new 3ds xl, i can downgrade without problems because i have cubic ninja, because obviously i need to go 9.2 for dump a game, so what are my options? Is possible to have gateway without gateway card? I mean that menu to dump a game. And, when everything is ok, i can upgrade my new 3ds xl through sysnand, i mean, "normal" update?

Short Question: Can i dump a private header w/o spend money? How?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, my first topic!

Let's go for it, i want to dump a private header without powersave, i have a new 3ds xl and the only option i saw is go gateway, but i think that exploit is fixed in new 3ds xl, i can downgrade without problems because i have cubic ninja, because obviously i need to go 9.2 for dump a game, so what are my options? Is possible to have gateway without gateway card? I mean that menu to dump a game. And, when everything is ok, i can upgrade my new 3ds xl through sysnand, i mean, "normal" update?

Short Question: Can i dump a private header w/o spend money? How?
You can dump games with the Gateway launcher without a Gateway (using Cubic Ninja as entrypoint) or with uncart, a homebrew alternative.
Once downgraded I would suggest you use emuNAND CFW and update that, leaving your sysNAND on 9.2, you have a lot more capabilities on 9.2 such as NTR-CFW cheats/plugins, Decrypt9, GodMode9 etc.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

for dumping games you would need to be on 9.2 so if I were you I would just setup emuNand and use CIA games

Reactions: Hoppy

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can dump games with the Gateway launcher without a Gateway (using Cubic Ninja as entrypoint) or with uncart, a homebrew alternative.
Once downgraded I would suggest you use emuNAND CFW and update that, leaving your sysNAND on 9.2, you have a lot more capabilities on 9.2 such as NTR-CFW cheats/plugins, Decrypt9, GodMode9 etc.
Thanks, meh, i have a sky3ds+ because im afraid about installing cfw, so i will just update my sysNAND, and about Gateway launcher without a Gateway, there's any tutorial about how to do this? Thanks for your help, i appreciate.
EDIT: Maybe when i know a little bit more about this scene, i will install a custom cfw and sell sky3ds+, but that's not in near future...

Last edited by Hidend,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks, meh, i have a sky3ds+ because im afraid about installing cfw, so i will just update my sysNAND, and about Gateway launcher without a Gateway, there's any tutorial about how to do this? Thanks for your help, i appreciate.
EDIT: Maybe when i know a little bit more about this scene, i will install a custom cfw and sell sky3ds+, but that's not in near future...
If you are downgrading anyway you may as well install CFW as there is no risk to doing so. No need for a tutorial on using the Gateway launcher just place launcher.dat on your SD and go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are downgrading anyway you may as well install CFW as there is no risk to doing so. No need for a tutorial on using the Gateway launcher just place launcher.dat on your SD and go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com
Okay, i will do that probably do that and sell sky3ds+, hope it doesnt' get patched in future haha, and about go gateway, are you sure it works in new 3ds xl?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, i will do that probably do that and sell sky3ds+, hope it doesnt' get patched in future haha, and about go gateway, are you sure it works in new 3ds xl?
My mistake. No, go.gateway won't work on a n3DS. You can use the QR code included in the Gateway download to install the exploit to Cubic Ninja, and load it in the same way you would load Ninjhax. You'd still need to downgrade first, at which point you already have homebrew set up so it would probably be easier to use Uncart to dump the game. The Gateway launcher isn't needed for anything these days (unless you own a Gateway of course)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Unessential

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My mistake. No, go.gateway won't work on a n3DS. You can use the QR code included in the Gateway download to install the exploit to Cubic Ninja, and load it in the same way you would load Ninjhax. You'd still need to downgrade first, at which point you already have homebrew set up so it would probably be easier to use Uncart to dump the game. The Gateway launcher isn't needed for anything these days (unless you own a Gateway of course)

The OP wanted private headers, so the bolded part I don't think is true...

How do i get uncart to dump a private header? I dumped a cart i own yesterday and It didn't pull the header info. it was if i pulled a trimmed cart (it wasn't a neat 2^x filesize either)

The reason why I removed my emunand was because I thought I could do everything I needed to with updated sysnand with homebrew (much like you and what many people say). I don't want to go through the hassle of of creating an emunand partition again (and lost 1-2gb of space) as well as copying the SD files back and forth just to dump a private header once and never use it again. Gateway only works on < FIRM 9.2 right?

tldr, I don't think the above bolded is true, otherwise, How do i dump a private header without gateway / powersaves?

Last edited by Unessential,

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The OP wanted private headers, so the bolded part I don't think is true...

How do i get uncart to dump a private header? I dumped a cart i own yesterday and It didn't pull the header info. it was if i pulled a trimmed cart (it wasn't a neat 2^x filesize either)

The reason why I removed my emunand was because I thought I could do everything I needed to with updated sysnand with homebrew (much like you and what many people say). I don't want to go through the hassle of of creating an emunand partition again (and lost 1-2gb of space) as well as copying the SD files back and forth just to dump a private header once and never use it again. Gateway only works on < FIRM 9.2 right?

tldr, I don't think the above bolded is true, otherwise, How do i dump a private header without gateway / powersaves?
From what I understood, i need to downgrade to 9.2 with cubic ninja, then use gateway launcher (without gateway card) and then select "Dump Game" or something like that in the Gateway Launcher, then, when is done, i will extract private header from the game in my pc and update my new 3ds xl through Sysnand (normal update)

Unessential

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds about right. Although for me, I'm in no big rush to dump a header. I just wanted to do it to get it out of the way just in case. I would just wait until gateway releases their next version which is supposedly "around the corner" and supports 10.3 firm.

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump, where can i see qr code for gateway? I mean im searching in they website and i only see downloads i think, i want to use gateway launcher (without gateway card) in a new 3ds xl and 9.2 EUR
EDIT: And where i need to download the launcher.dat?

Last edited by Hidend,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bump, where can i see qr code for gateway? I mean im searching in they website and i only see downloads i think, i want to use gateway launcher (without gateway card) in a new 3ds xl and 9.2 EUR
You can find both the QR code and the launcher.dat in the latest download on their website.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? The QR code is in the instructions. You download everything from the downloads page.

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can find both the QR code and the launcher.dat in the latest download on their website.
I have downloaded Firmware GW 3.7.1-BETA “Ultra” and i just opened the rar and opened GW_Ultra_3.7.1_BETA
ea02878a77c70aca93a26dc8422d8cea.png

Then it has launched.dat and i placed inside sd card (root) now what i should do? i just did that and like i said i still don't see qr code

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have downloaded Firmware GW 3.7.1-BETA “Ultra” and i just opened the rar and opened GW_Ultra_3.7.1_BETA
ea02878a77c70aca93a26dc8422d8cea.png

Then it has launched.dat and i placed inside sd card (root) now what i should do? i just did that and like i said i still don't see qr code
I was sure the QR codes used to be in the download. Anyway you can find them further down on the downloads page.

Hidend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was sure the QR codes used to be in the download. Anyway you can find them further down on the downloads page.
Like i said i don't see any qr code, but that rar of the above photo has this, seems like homebrew app of gateway, can i use that? I only need to put launcher.dat and the app no?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Like i said i don't see any qr code, but that rar of the above photo has this, seems like homebrew app of gateway, can i use that? I only need to put launcher.dat and the app no?
Yes, if you have HBL set up you can use that, but then you could just use uncart...
Anyway the QR code is there:
Screenshot%202016-04-19%2019.19.10.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1