Some questions about dump private header w/o powersave/gateway card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hidend, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Hidend
    OP

Hidend Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Hi, my first topic!

Let's go for it, i want to dump a private header without powersave, i have a new 3ds xl and the only option i saw is go gateway, but i think that exploit is fixed in new 3ds xl, i can downgrade without problems because i have cubic ninja, because obviously i need to go 9.2 for dump a game, so what are my options? Is possible to have gateway without gateway card? I mean that menu to dump a game. And, when everything is ok, i can upgrade my new 3ds xl through sysnand, i mean, "normal" update?

Short Question: Can i dump a private header w/o spend money? How?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can dump games with the Gateway launcher without a Gateway (using Cubic Ninja as entrypoint) or with uncart, a homebrew alternative.
    Once downgraded I would suggest you use emuNAND CFW and update that, leaving your sysNAND on 9.2, you have a lot more capabilities on 9.2 such as NTR-CFW cheats/plugins, Decrypt9, GodMode9 etc.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    for dumping games you would need to be on 9.2 so if I were you I would just setup emuNand and use CIA games

Hoppy likes this.
  4. Hidend
    OP

Hidend Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Thanks, meh, i have a sky3ds+ because im afraid about installing cfw, so i will just update my sysNAND, and about Gateway launcher without a Gateway, there's any tutorial about how to do this? Thanks for your help, i appreciate.
    EDIT: Maybe when i know a little bit more about this scene, i will install a custom cfw and sell sky3ds+, but that's not in near future...

Last edited by Hidend, Apr 10, 2016
  5. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you are downgrading anyway you may as well install CFW as there is no risk to doing so. No need for a tutorial on using the Gateway launcher just place launcher.dat on your SD and go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com

6. Hidend
    OP

Hidend Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Okay, i will do that probably do that and sell sky3ds+, hope it doesnt' get patched in future haha, and about go gateway, are you sure it works in new 3ds xl?

7. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    My mistake. No, go.gateway won't work on a n3DS. You can use the QR code included in the Gateway download to install the exploit to Cubic Ninja, and load it in the same way you would load Ninjhax. You'd still need to downgrade first, at which point you already have homebrew set up so it would probably be easier to use Uncart to dump the game. The Gateway launcher isn't needed for anything these days (unless you own a Gateway of course)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 10, 2016
  8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Flashcarts are really becoming useless these days. The only use in them that I see is using them to downgrade 10.6+ consoles.

Hoppy, astronautlevel and PokeAcer like this.
  9. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Even then you can just use OOT

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Exactly.

Unessential likes this.
  11. Unessential

Unessential Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    The OP wanted private headers, so the bolded part I don't think is true...

How do i get uncart to dump a private header? I dumped a cart i own yesterday and It didn't pull the header info. it was if i pulled a trimmed cart (it wasn't a neat 2^x filesize either)

The reason why I removed my emunand was because I thought I could do everything I needed to with updated sysnand with homebrew (much like you and what many people say). I don't want to go through the hassle of of creating an emunand partition again (and lost 1-2gb of space) as well as copying the SD files back and forth just to dump a private header once and never use it again. Gateway only works on < FIRM 9.2 right?

tldr, I don't think the above bolded is true, otherwise, How do i dump a private header without gateway / powersaves?

Last edited by Unessential, Apr 10, 2016
  12. Hidend
    OP

Hidend Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    From what I understood, i need to downgrade to 9.2 with cubic ninja, then use gateway launcher (without gateway card) and then select "Dump Game" or something like that in the Gateway Launcher, then, when is done, i will extract private header from the game in my pc and update my new 3ds xl through Sysnand (normal update)

13. Unessential

Unessential Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    sounds about right. Although for me, I'm in no big rush to dump a header. I just wanted to do it to get it out of the way just in case. I would just wait until gateway releases their next version which is supposedly "around the corner" and supports 10.3 firm.

14. Hidend
    OP

Hidend Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Bump, where can i see qr code for gateway? I mean im searching in they website and i only see downloads i think, i want to use gateway launcher (without gateway card) in a new 3ds xl and 9.2 EUR
    EDIT: And where i need to download the launcher.dat?

Last edited by Hidend, Apr 19, 2016
  15. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can find both the QR code and the launcher.dat in the latest download on their website.

16. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Seriously? The QR code is in the instructions. You download everything from the downloads page.

17. Hidend
    OP

Hidend Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    I have downloaded Firmware GW 3.7.1-BETA “Ultra” and i just opened the rar and opened GW_Ultra_3.7.1_BETA
    [​IMG]
    Then it has launched.dat and i placed inside sd card (root) now what i should do? i just did that and like i said i still don't see qr code

18. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I was sure the QR codes used to be in the download. Anyway you can find them further down on the downloads page.

19. Hidend
    OP

Hidend Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2016
    Like i said i don't see any qr code, but that rar of the above photo has this, seems like homebrew app of gateway, can i use that? I only need to put launcher.dat and the app no?

20. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, if you have HBL set up you can use that, but then you could just use uncart...
    Anyway the QR code is there:
    [​IMG]