Hacking Some questions about completely deleting CFW on the Nintendo Switch

YellowSparkles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been recently thinking about deleting CFW on my Nintendo switch, but I'm not sure about it, so I hope someone can answer this for me:

If I delete CFW, can I go back online as before?

Is my saved data being deleted?

And could this risk my console to brick?

Thanks, and again, would appreciate it if someone could answer these questions. ^_^

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been recently thinking about deleting CFW on my Nintendo switch, but I'm not sure about it, so I hope someone can answer this for me:

Thanks, and again, would appreciate it if someone could answer these questions. ^_^

Yes

Cfw if emunand it's separate from sysnand so deleting emunand yes saves only in emunand will be gone

Nope as it's all ran from SD card

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

If your CFW is on your SDCARD (it should be), you don't have to delete anything. Just boot normally, without a payload. The option to use CFW should always be there, but it won't get in the way of using your Nintendo Switch the way the company intended.

This advice assumes that you use emuNAND and use a jig/payload to boot (which is standard). If you can provide more information we can tailor the message.

If you enabled use of autoRCM, that would be the only thing you'd need to change back.

You will be unable to use savedata created in CFW (emuNAND/emuMMC) with legit (sysNAND/MMC). They are seperate systems using seperate game files. You really shouldn't delete anything.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?