Some questions about CIOS and GC backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by godstriker8, May 13, 2011.

1. godstriker8
    OP

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    I've been away from the Wii hacking scene for awhile, so I was wondering if someone could clarify a few points for me.

1. Is there a way to play Metroid Prime Trilogy via HDD without having to use boot.dol? In other words, playing it the way it was ment to be played.

2. Is there a way to run GCN backups using a HDD? EDIT: Sorry I forgot to put without WODE. I mean just using a SD card, and Hard drive

I have a 4.1 US Launch Wii if you needed to know.

2. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    1. No, though you only need to use the boot.dol once, I believe

2. WODE.

3. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    #1. Yes, there is. Using Uneek ( Nand emu ) and an extracted image of the MPT game.
    For more info, check out the Sneek/ Uneek threads.
    Modmii is able to set up your virtual ( or multiple ) nand and the needed files.

#2. If you want to run GC backups from HDD, you will need a WODE or other hardware. ( usb gecko, sd boot )

4. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    MPT should work flawlessly with Uneek.

About GC games from HDD, there's Swiss. With a SD Gecko, you can load games from sd card, and with an ide-exi, you can load games from IDE HDD. Both is additional hardware, but doesn't require opening the Wii.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice