Hacking Some questions about 3ds spotpass and updates...

DarkCoffe64

Bo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys. I've recently bough a 3ds and update my acekard 2i so it would run on it.
But there are some things that I would like to be clear about.
You know about the "Spotpass" function, no? So, from what I did read, if the 3ds finds
a wi-fi spot or something like that, it would download new stuff, like videos, info about games,
and, the point of this topic, mini-updates (the one that the 3ds does automatically),
as I call them. Now to the questions:
1) If the 3ds does a mini-update and then, I try to play with my acekard, will it work?
Or the 3ds won't recognize the acekard?
2) If the 3ds does a mini-update while the acekard is in the 3ds, will it brick it or something like that?
Citing an article that I've read on the Acekard forum...
The Acekard Team has released new update for the Acekard 2i which allows you to use the Acekard on the Nintendo 3DS. However, since the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, and since the Acekard 2i is a DS cart, it will only run DS homebrew and roms.

It is recommended that you understand the risks with using a flashcart on the 3DS. It has been confirmed that the 3DS is able to brick your 3DS if it detects that an unauthorized device was used on the system.

The following notice was included with an update for the Nintendo 3DS.

Quote from: Nintendo

Important! After the Nintendo 3DS system is updated, any existing or future unauthorised technical modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS system, or the use of an unauthorised device in connection with your system, may render the system permanently unplayable. Content deriving from the unauthorised modification of the hardware or software of your Nintendo 3DS system may be removed. Failure to accept the update may render games unplayable.
3) Is there any way to "block" these updates? IIRC, the 3ds said you can decide what the Spotpass function
will download, if I have read right...

And something that has nothing to do with updates...
Can you change games when the console si on? Like the wii?
Or you have to always shut the console to change games?

Thanks in advance

P.S.
I'm Italian, so that's why maybe there are some errors or you can't understand what I wrote. Sorry.

Z

Zorua

DarkCoffe64 said:
Hello guys. I've recently bough a 3ds and update my acekard 2i so it would run on it.
But there are some things that I would like to be clear about.
You know about the "Spotpass" function, no? So, from what I did read, if the 3ds finds
a wi-fi spot or something like that, it would download new stuff, like videos, info about games,
and, the point of this topic, mini-updates (the one that the 3ds does automatically),
as I call them. Now to the questions:

1) If the 3ds does a mini-update and then, I try to play with my acekard, will it work? Yes, it's perfectly compatible with the update that just came out.

2) If the 3ds does a mini-update while the acekard is in the 3ds, will it brick it or something like that?Nope. No one's reported any bricking yet.

3) Is there any way to "block" these updates? IIRC, the 3ds said you can decide what the Spotpass function
will download, if I have read right....The update's optional.

And something that has nothing to do with updates..

Can you change games when the console si on? Like the wii?Yes

Or you have to always shut the console to change games?No

Thanks in advance

P.S.
I'm Italian, so that's why maybe there are some errors or you can't understand what I wrote. Sorry. Nope, your English is fine.
happy.gif

DarkCoffe64

Bo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ehm... I think you're confusing the updates... I mean, the one that install automatically.
Like with the Wii with Wiiconnect24, that every now and then, does an "update" that, if you had
homebrew on the console, removes them and puts the console with the original firmware or something like that.
It's because I would not like that my acekard suddebly bricks or what while I'm playing online with it.
unsure.gif

P.S. Thanks for the compliment.
wink.gif
I through that I did wrote something strange, but I wasnt sure...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As has been said many times, Nintendo isn't going to risk the backlash (legal and otherwise) of them destroying the hardware you paid for.

Sony is already fighting a similar battle and, if their actions are any indication, appear to know they are on the losing side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM