Hacking Some question on installing A9lh onto N3DS XL and how different is it from insalling it to o3ds

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I finish installing the a9lh onto my o3ds xl and so far i am pretty impress with it and I am considering converting my gateway ready n3ds xl to A9lh since some of my game suffer from slow down when running from my gateway card. However, I got some question. I read the guide of course already but didn't see much difference beside the part where when you downgrade the emunand to 2.1. It stated n3ds xl WILL brick the emunamd but didn't say exactly how to unbrick it before continuing.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just riskier since you are making the n3ds think its an o3ds (basically) to grab the OTP. The n3ds was never meant to be below 8.1, so a brick WILL happen if you do not do everything correctly. This is still easy though with OTPHelper since it automates most of it.

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got worry since i seen somewhere that you need to xropad to unbrick the 2,1 emunand before continuing but the guide didn;t say anything.

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so these 2 line mean nothing really?

This guide is split into two major categories: New 3DS and Old 3DS / 2DS. - I really only see 1 guide

RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS

Also, my n3ds xl is at 9.0 firmware, do I need to upgrade to 9.2 before proceeding?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This guide is split into two major categories: New 3DS and Old 3DS / 2DS. - I really only see 1 guide

Also, my n3ds xl is at 9.0 firmware, do I need to upgrade to 9.2 before proceeding?
It just means that you wont be able to access the current emunand until you restore a backup, since no cfw is designed to boot <4.5 fw and its technically an o3ds nand. As long as you are on a fw that can run cfw, you are fine.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I believe u need to be on 9.2 due to system updater being for >9.2. I've not tried it on my new 3ds which is also on 9.0. I've only done this with an old 3ds. btw, that should be greater than or equal to 9.2, so 9.2 works. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?