Hacking Some Noob Questions about Multiman if You Don't Mind ...

haints

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a PS3 off craigslist with Multiman installed and am totally new to the PS3 modding scene.

Two questions right of the top of my head:

First, If I am in the main PS3 Menu, before I select the Multiman icon to load a game, is it safe to go to the PSN site to download demos? I tried to do it last night, created a log in, etc, but then it said I needed to "update my software," before it would let me into the PSN. It didn't say WHICH software needed to be updated, so I wasn't sure if it was strictly related to PSN or if it was something that would update my system and mess up the Multiman mod, so needless to say I selected "No." Was that the right choice?

Two, under the "game" section of the main menu I have entries like install "install package files 2.00.pkg" and install "ftp_server.12.pkg . Is it safe to delete those, or will that uninstall actual programs? The interface is a little cluttered and I would like to clean it up if I could ...

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off let me say that since your ps3 is used it might just be banned already.We don't know what the previous owner has done. There's workaround but we are not there yet.

Many guides out there are outdated so here's how to update properly:
1.Go to -- Settings --- Network settings --- Internet connection -- disable
That's all you need for sony not to see your evil homebrew running.

2. Download rebug 3.55.2. Put it on a usb in and update via settings -- system updates.
It's generaly a bad idea to update from recovery if you run into trouble down the road its better to install 999 downgrader then 3.55.2 then the firmware you want. Rebug is aguably the safest CFW to install out there.

3. Install rebug toolbox. Run it, enable QA flags and disable updating system from the internet.
I don't remember too much but i'm confident you will find how to. You only need to do this once in your entire PS3 life and its been a few years ago for me...

4. Install Habib's 4.53 cobra CFW. It's the best and latest. Habib is quick as lightning to release a CFW when a new OFW comes out.

5. Install Multiman stealth. It's one of the few homebrew you can run while online.

6.Enable webman. Follow the steps in the readme file of XMB manager plus. Ultimately you don't need to install pkg at step 9.

7. Enable internet and don't run homebrew online or Black ops 2 and enjoy your new life.

Reactions: haints

haints

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Magasor! Your answer was very detailed and I very much appreciate it!

Can you tell me if it is okay to delete the files I mentioned-- install "install package files 2.00.pkg" and install "ftp_server.12.pkg--that show up under "games" in the xmb menu?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you Magasor! Your answer was very detailed and I very much appreciate it!

Can you tell me if it is okay to delete the files I mentioned-- install "install package files 2.00.pkg" and install "ftp_server.12.pkg--that show up under "games" in the xmb menu?

Yes you can delete them but it not a big deal those files dont take up a lot of space and you can delete them later.

Reactions: haints

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
First off let me say that since your ps3 is used it might just be banned already.We don't know what the previous owner has done. There's workaround but we are not there yet.

Many guides out there are outdated so here's how to update properly:
1.Go to -- Settings --- Network settings --- Internet connection -- disable
That's all you need for sony not to see your evil homebrew running.

2. Download rebug 3.55.2. Put it on a usb in and update via settings -- system updates.
It's generaly a bad idea to update from recovery if you run into trouble down the road its better to install 999 downgrader then 3.55.2 then the firmware you want. Rebug is aguably the safest CFW to install out there.

3. Install rebug toolbox. Run it, enable QA flags and disable updating system from the internet.
I don't remember too much but i'm confident you will find how to. You only need to do this once in your entire PS3 life and its been a few years ago for me...

4. Install Habib's 4.53 cobra CFW. It's the best and latest. Habib is quick as lightning to release a CFW when a new OFW comes out.

5. Install Multiman stealth. It's one of the few homebrew you can run while online.

6.Enable webman. Follow the steps in the readme file of XMB manager plus. Ultimately you don't need to install pkg at step 9.

7. Enable internet and don't run homebrew online or Black ops 2 and enjoy your new life.

I have a PS3 running Rogero, and I get as far as your second step before the PS3 turns out "The data is corrupted (8002F828)" during the installation process.
Any advice?

Edit: Ah, I see. it's because I needed to downgrade from 4.5 first.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
I got another question but I don't want to crowd your nice FAQ thread with it. I downlaoded Okami HD earlier, and it came as a pkg file. I could find no way of installing it to multiman like my other games, so I had to install it to the XMB. What's the difference between games as pkg files, and the ones that come in ISOs or all the subdirectories?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got another question but I don't want to crowd your nice FAQ thread with it. I downlaoded Okami HD earlier, and it came as a pkg file. I could find no way of installing it to multiman like my other games, so I had to install it to the XMB. What's the difference between games as pkg files, and the ones that come in ISOs or all the subdirectories?

Its a good question tough. They are not very different. You can in fact transfer the PKG version to multiman. first install it and put the fix on. You can just add some directories edit param.sfo and lic.dir I think from memory. then transfer from \game to \games. I does not work with all games but its worth the try.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
Its a good question tough. They are not very different. You can in fact transfer the PKG version to multiman. first install it and put the fix on. You can just add some directories edit param.sfo and lic.dir I think from memory. then transfer from \game to \games. I does not work with all games but its worth the try.

Well, I started using PSNtool and reActPSN, so I have a bunch of games sitting on the XMB anyway now. I'll leave Okami as is.

Edit: I have to ask though. What do you mean by "the fix"? It worked from the get-go, I just installed and it worked.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'the fix' only means the drm free version. It is basically just modified Eboot(executable).The method is getting known on how to make those fix but it not common knowledge. Duplex was the first team to make those. ReactPSN works nicely too but its a little extra work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -