PettingZoo

yesss
OP
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Hey Ive been downloadin some NDS roms and stuff and Ive got heaps but I just cbf playing them. So I want to start playing GBA games again. So list some of your favourite GBA games that are good!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both Golden Suns I can highly recommend. Mother 3 is a no brainer if you've heard the hype lately. Any Final Fantasy. Sonic Advance trilogy. Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland or Amazing Mirror. Megaman Battle Network 1-3 and 6 (I wouldn't try 4 and 5 as they aren't very good). Megaman Zero. Mario and Luigi.

PettingZoo

yesss
OP
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I think its Megaman Battle network 2 Ive been meaning to play mainly because it has an O rly? reference in it xD! But thanks this has helped alot

Posts merged

Also Ive been wondering, what is fire emblem about and what do you do in it?

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You forgot to mention how good it is. I also recommend Advance Guardian Heroes, Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Dialhex, Digidrive, Elite, Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones, Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi, Kuru Kuru Kururin, Kururin Paradise, Made in Wario, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Metroid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission, Mister Driller 2, Mother 3, Ninja 5-0, Orbital, Rhythm Tengoku, Riviera: the Promised Land, Soundvoyager, Wario Land 4, and WarioWare: Twisted!.

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guru Logi Champ, SUPER ROBOT WARS OG1&2, Rythim Tengoku, Zelda: Minish Cap, Mario&Luigi SS:Saga, Megaman Battle Network, Castlevania (unavoidable title), MOTHER3 (Most beautiful and clean graphics i've seen), and finally, WarioWare. Oh, and let's not forget SNES (Remakes) and NES (Original) series.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They're butchered. Lower resolution, smaller screen, worse sound, fewer buttons. And the NES ports are awful, flickering, unresponsive, squashed. Ports in general are bad. : (

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is true of all games on handhelds. 99.9% of them would be better on home consoles. Take Mother 3 for example. Wouldn't you like to play it on a larger display, with better sound? Mother 3 is still an incredible game, but it would be so much more so on a SNES.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louisiana said:
Take Mother 3 for example. Wouldn't you like to play it on a larger display, with better sound?
Your in luck if you have a Gamecube and Game Boy Player
biggrin.gif

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh snap you got me. That's very true. Come to think of it, there are ways to play handheld games on the TV for every handheld system except the DS!

Still, handheld games are often gimped, either by developers who don't put as much effort into games, or by technical limitations. And since most games for handhelds are 2D, with the exception of stuff like Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, which wouldn't be possible on a console, the Lego games, which are obviously out to get everyone's money, and Monster Hunter, which uses the one advantage of handhelds, portability, over consoles, 2D games in general aren't as good as they could be. Being a lover of 2D games, this bothers me.

Cynder-Waluigi_K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definetly...

Super Mario World
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland
Warioland4