some new games aren't working on my new sd card (gateway)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by guedesbrawl, Dec 21, 2015.

1. guedesbrawl
    OP

guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    first of all, let me open this by saying that i don't understand much of 3ds hacking. if you need any info, it will be a good idea to point out where exactly i can find said info.

Well, I had a 4gb card and was having a great time playing 3ds games on it. But then i discovered two games that I couldn't play on my Sd. The first was Stella Glow, which i downloaded as a .3ds file, but the game simply refused to appear on my 3ds's menu (like, you know that you can press select to choose a game, and then the game appears in the "3ds game card" slot on the menu after a few seconds? Unlike other games, stella glow never appeared no matter which rom i used.

a Pokemon hack called Rising Ruby, which isn't available as a normal .3ds game for some dumb reason. I could, however, find a cia version of the game, but it was way too big for the importing process. So, hoping that i could finally play this hack and leaving a mental note to try the stella glow as a cia later, i bought a 8gb card.

After a lot of work, i managed to make this new card work. When i tried to play Devil Survivor 2 and Luigi's mansion, the games work normally and my saves are intact.

However, Majora's Mask 3D (a .3ds rom i already had), Triforce Heroes (an european cia that i installed and worked on the 4gb sd card) and the pokemon hack don't load. You know the black screen that pops up once you select a game? You know, the black screen with the log and red pulsating waves coming from the top-left/bottom-right corners? Trying to play this games results in me never being able to leave this screen.

Smash is even weirder, because while the game goes past the 3ds logo screen, the console makes a small clicking noise and it never gets past the black screen that happens right afterwards. Notably, the console doesn't even try to warn me that my version isn't the most recent one (last update was the Roy/ryu/lucas one)

so...? any ideas? suggestions? please be as specific as possible...

2. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    make sure you are using the newest gw firmware 3.5.1 and smash won't show anything until 40s if you are using o3ds

3. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    You mean that i should hold R when entering the gateway menu to get the update?

I did that before doing more errors that made me start the whole process from scarth, but it hadn't worked.

Also, i could play smash with the other card before in my o3ds, and while it took a while... it was mostly the overall process. never had to wait 40 secs just for the loading screen with the smash logo at the corner or anything.

I will try updating again, at any rate.

4. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    you never need to hold anything to update the firmware, overwrite your old launcher.dat with the new launcher.dat

5. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    well, i had found out that holding R makes the gateway menu ask for an update. i did that and the menu now says i'm on gateway 3.5.1

and i had been using the loader that came with the 3.5.1 pack all along. Majora's mask still hangs.

And 'm pretty sure it's already been over 15 minutes and smash isn't loading either.

Last edited by guedesbrawl, Dec 21, 2015
  6. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    I guess, the only other option left is to try another microsd card

7. guedesbrawl
    OP

Sep 6, 2010
    Brazil
    But... why would the Sd card be the problem!? Devil survivor 2 was working fine and so was Luigi's mansion.

TBH, i know smash isn't working but i don't really care. i don't play the game anymore. ATM i just want triforce heroes, stella glow and pokemon to work.

Isn't there anything else I can do?

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What version is your sysNAND and emuNAND? I think smash requires 8.1 or greater.