ROM Hack Some miscellaneous 3DS hacking related questions ...

Darkuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only been recently introduced to 3DS "hacking" (about a week). Not new to hacking/modding in general (soft/hard) but still learning here. I've been searching around here (and Google) and I haven't found the answers to a couple of questions. Hopefully this is the right place to ask.

My configuration of choice: Latest LumaDS CFW, using CtrlBoot. My emunand is fully upgraded, my sysnand sits at 9.2.

Anyway, here are some questions.

1) DSiWare. I've found that I have to install DSiWare onto both SysNand AND emuNand to get it to launch from Emunand. No big deal. If I OWN some DSiWare games legally, can I download them safely to sysnand? If so, how can I get them over to emunand? Normally I'd just CIA inject the title in both - but I cannot find a CIA for it (Space Ace from Digital Leisure, for example).

2) For games that appear on Freeshop (there are DSiWare titles like Clubhouse games), what's the best way to clone a Freeshop download to sysnand? I assume there is a CIA extractor somewhere...?

3) Can someone recommend an FTP server that ISN'T hardfixed on port 5000? Or at least one I can change? 5000 isn't pleasing on my network - and while FTPD does work, I'd like some options.

4) I've seen a million tutorials on "upgrading" your SD card from smaller to larger (i.e. 4GB->64GB). They all involve a clone (winimage, etc) with some partition tool (partition master and others) to resize the main partition when finished. I've tried every tutorial I can find, with numerous products for resizing, and it never works. Windows 10, at least, destroys the card when it is done. I have a lengthy work around (backing up emunand, restoring to new formatted card, copying main partition files over). Is there a better way?

5) Anyone recommend a good file manager to use ON the 3DS with access to various installs, files, etc.? I've tried a couple without much luck.

6) I hacked the wife's 3DS and she wants all her Mii Plaza Games (no problem, installed with CIA) back, but she ALSO wants all her save progress. Is there any way of getting any of that data off the old SD card and shoving it back on there? I just need the stupid Flower one's save restored :)

7) Anyone come up with a TSR type program to allow a "three fingered salute" to reset/reboot the 3DS? The N3DS power button sucks :)

Appreciate all the help. I'm still in the "I can't believe all this works" stage. Truly amazing what has been accomplished here.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
1) DSiWare. I've found that I have to install DSiWare onto both SysNand AND emuNand to get it to launch from Emunand. No big deal. If I OWN some DSiWare games legally, can I download them safely to sysnand? If so, how can I get them over to emunand? Normally I'd just CIA inject the title in both - but I cannot find a CIA for it (Space Ace from Digital Leisure, for example).
This would be better if you use A9LH, since you can use Updated SysNAND and go to the Eshop without updating

2) For games that appear on Freeshop (there are DSiWare titles like Clubhouse games), what's the best way to clone a Freeshop download to sysnand? I assume there is a CIA extractor somewhere...?
There is always the A9LH option, since its everything in the sysNAND

3) Can someone recommend an FTP server that ISN'T hardfixed on port 5000? Or at least one I can change? 5000 isn't pleasing on my network - and while FTPD does work, I'd like some options.
You can use the MicroSD Management app(For O3DS you need to install it from a cia in That ISO site)it isnt a FTP app but it can transfer files over the network :3

6) I hacked the wife's 3DS and she wants all her Mii Plaza Games (no problem, installed with CIA) back, but she ALSO wants all her save progress. Is there any way of getting any of that data off the old SD card and shoving it back on there? I just need the stupid Flower one's save restored
You can use this to transfer saves :D

Thats all really what i can answer...sorry ;~;

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5) Anyone recommend a good file manager to use ON the 3DS with access to various installs, files, etc.? I've tried a couple without much luck.
FBI (https://goo.gl/MnBVzp) works well for everything that i personally use. If you even want to edit some files while still on your 3ds you can do some of that with CTRXplorer. (https://goo.gl/dsWTny)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7) Anyone come up with a TSR type program to allow a "three fingered salute" to reset/reboot the 3DS? The N3DS power button sucks :)

Due to how the 3ds screen works, this is not possible. There are apps to shutdown and reboot the ds though (and ntr cfw 3.4 has built in shutdown/reboot options)

4) I've seen a million tutorials on "upgrading" your SD card from smaller to larger (i.e. 4GB->64GB). They all involve a clone (winimage, etc) with some partition tool (partition master and others) to resize the main partition when finished. I've tried every tutorial I can find, with numerous products for resizing, and it never works. Windows 10, at least, destroys the card when it is done. I have a lengthy work around (backing up emunand, restoring to new formatted card, copying main partition files over). Is there a better way?

Those are the only options if you have issues resizing partitions on your sd card.

Darkuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I'll look into these options!

I would rather NOT permanently modify my 3DS, so doesn't that make A9LH out?

Darkuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a9lh can be uninstalled with one button, but if you still want to call it permanent, then yeah, its out.

Hmm... I didn't realize it was easily reversible. I'll look deeper. Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use this to transfer saves :D

I took a look at this tool. I might be missing something here.

It says it is backing up from "NAND" - but doesn't say which one. When I "restore", it doesn't offer me a different location. I'm assuming I was backing up from SYSNAND, but I can't figure out how to import that save back to EMUNAND. Any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: