Some kid named "I PWN ALL"

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bob Loblaw, Oct 19, 2007.

Oct 19, 2007

Some kid named "I PWN ALL" by Bob Loblaw at 5:13 AM (2,267 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Bob Loblaw
    OP

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    So, I get matched up with someone on mario strikers charged named "I PWN ALL" and they have a 7-0 record.
    He wins the fist game by a point, then the second game i'm beating him 6-0 within like the first minute. I was destoying the kid. Then guess what? "Connection Lost"
    This kid must turn his console off whenever he is losing. Hence, his 7-0 record..

Don't even play this kid if you get matched up with him it's not worth it. You'll get into a game and he'll shut it off if you start beating him. Stupid...

2. Remy669

Member Remy669 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Why do you even make a topic for this? There are thousands of such losers out there.

3. Bob Loblaw
    OP

United States
    Because I figure if we have a list of these peoples names, then no one will play them if they see they are matched up with one of them.
    Then they will no longer have ayone to play with because they couldn't play fair.

4. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    That's why I never play with anyone with 100% victories...

Freaking 13-year-old cheaters... [​IMG]

5. Remy669

Netherlands
    HEY! I'm 13 years old, but i don't cheat [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I think they need to add an extra stat to the players:
    Wins, Losses, and Disconnects.

This way if someone has 7 wins, 0 Losses, and 55 Disconnects, you know he's a knob!

7. Infinitus

Member Infinitus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They should do it like in Mario Kart DS...

Anybody remember that? If you disconnect, you get an automatic loss.

8. Bob Loblaw
    OP

United States
    Hahah yeah! That's a good idea! or what Infinitus said just give them an automatic loss if that's easier for nintendo to do!

@ Remy, lol I don't literally mean every single person that does it! hehe that would take forever!

9. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    So you quit when you see their record? That's not the same as them at all.

10. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Sorry, delete this.

11. hollabackitsobi

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's why Nintendo's online interface needs to be bettered. If there were more easily manageable unified friend lists and voice chat, this would be diminished greatly. You could play randoms, find some good people, and continually play with them by adding them to your friend list. Plus, if you could voice chat with them, you'd build a more personal connection.

I'm not saying intimate, but more like you get a better feel for the person than them just being a random name. You can usually tell a little whiny kid apart from a reasonable person, and therefore add them to your friend list if you had fun chatting with them during the match.

Plus, talking makes it so you don't WANT to disconnect, because disconnecting from a game with a person who's just a random name and may as well just be some good AI is different than knowing and feeling you disappointed an actual HUMAN, if you understand what I mean.

12. shadow_cruiser

Newcomer shadow_cruiser Advanced Member

Canada
    This is why I stopped playing strikers online, its not even enjoyable anymore unless its with a friend.

I hope the next online iterations (GH3,SSMB,etc) will have a better system in place

13. Bob Loblaw
    OP

United States
    Yeah, i get what you mean! I was thinking the same. Should be an option to add people you played just by cicking an add button. No fussing with a credit card length number. And voice chat would make make a more personal thing like you said, adding some humanity.

14. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    This is seriously where Nintendo could take a page out of Microsoft's book. I'm usually not one to defend that company but I have to admit that a more "managed" online experience would be great. Besides, I don't see why someone like Nintendo couldn't pull it off. Even a later system update could add it in with support of the old Wii online titles.

The way things are now with Friends codes and all that...they might as well ask for each player's IP address so the system knows who to connect to.

15. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Even if you make a list of all the cheaters, they'll still get matchups and rack up wins or DCs. The fact that he's only 7-0 means he's wasting hellota time d/cing.
    It'd be more noteworthy if you find a 2580-0 cheater and name him/her on the board, so that person becomes infamouse as a cheater, not as a good player =P

16. Bob Loblaw
    OP

United States
    It's dumb because it's not even your win-lose ratio that places you on the ranking board. It's your points. It's even dumber because it's just a game and it's meant to be played for fun. Not to have a perfect record like a huge tool. Heh, ya know?

edit: I think the main point that this topic has unearthed is that nintendo wi-fi is awful and they should take a page out of microsofts book like a previous post said.

17. Remy669

Netherlands
    But you can't accuse everyone who disconnects to be a n00b who disconnects to have 934838 wins on his account. I disconnect sometimes too, but i do it if someone really, really... lags.

18. Bob Loblaw
    OP

United States
    i tested it out and when you disconnect it does count as a loss against you.

edit: well i ejected the disc..may be different if you unplug the system.

19. moggymatt

Member moggymatt GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    no it does give u negative points for dropping out.