Some .iso don't load – why?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by reax_mpg, Nov 8, 2013.

1. reax_mpg
    OP

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hi there, I am using the Homebrew in my vWii and I load the .iso through USB Loader GX. Everything was OK until I realised some games don't load. First I thought the reason could be that I was trying to load NTSC .iso in my Pal Wii U, but no. The thing is some games work and others don't, for example: Mario Kart, Kirby and wii sports work perfectly, but USB Loader GX doesn't recognise COD:MW3 or Goldeneye 007 (Pal or NTSC, it doesn't matter).

Why is that?

2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    All I can suggest is that you play with the game-specific settings in USB Loader GX. Different games may need different settings to work properly, and though you may find guides which tell you the specific settings you need, trial and error may be the best way.

3. reax_mpg
    OP

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013

Ok, I'll try, thanks!

4. Elusivo

Elusivo GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    Did you try other loaders? if they also don't work maybe u have corrupted iso files, it has happened to me before. Maybe also worth a try to convert them to wbfs and see if it works...

5. reax_mpg
    OP

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013

I tried Wiiflow as well, but it was worse since it didn't recognise even the .iso that USB Loader GX recognised (Mario Kart, Kirby, etc). Moreover, I've tried with a few other COD and Goldeneye iso files but well, nothing happened.

6. reax_mpg
    OP

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    Well I couldn't find any solution. It seems that COD has had a lot of issues in the Wii, but in my case not only COD doesn't work but also Goldeneye, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Sonic Colors, etc.

Every solution I've found for the COD issue should be fixed through the game settings itself, but neither USB Loader GX nor WiiFlow recognise the iso so I have no idea what I should do.

7. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    I've had similar issues to you. Games that work perfectly fine on one hacked wii won't work at all on another hacked wii, even if they were hacked the same way. My advice, go live your life. Move on. It's not worth mucking up your wii which plays a bunch of games for free just to have a small hope of getting it to play one or two more games.

8. obcd

obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2011
    Belgium
    Have you tried with another harddisk? Some of them don't work together with the wii very well and might be the reason some games work and others don't work.

9. reax_mpg
    OP

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013
    laudern Well, I have to say this is an outstanding advice. I think you're totally right, I'll try obcd's idea and then... I'll enjoy the games that do work!