Hacking Some Homebrew Questions

naruses

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to get a DSi and planning to get an acekard 2i

1.Do all home brews work(at least da good ones)

2.I already downloaded the home brews that I want and tried them with no$gba v2.6 most of them work but others show this error

bad nintendo logo(real gameboy would shutdown) Secure Area Below 4000h, cartridge won't work on real NDS and then the game plays normally

Does this means they won't work on the acekard 2i or I just ignore it

It also appears the following error

Fat Init Error!!

also

Fat Init...failed

The libfat DLDI driver system has failed to initialise
Confirm that you have patched with the correct the DLDI driver file for your hardware

how do I fix this when i have my acekard 2i or it will just work?

3.How do i get to work all homebrews that have folders? I Tried to look the .nds file(ex Still Alive DS) but they dont work on the emulator.
do this games dont work on neither on the acekard nor the emulator?

If they work on the acekard where do i put all those folders

5.It is better to place the homebrews files on the root or a folder named homebrew(and place all the homebrews file there) on the _aio folder or just make a homebrew folder(and place all the homebrews file there).

6. The same question 5 but about the roms.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Acekard 2i can run just about any homebrew, but some of them don't work simply because you're on a DSi. Wifi doesn't work in homebrew on the DSi for some reason, and you obviously won't be able to run anything that needs a slot-2 memory expansion. Also, you don't have to worry about DLDI because the Acekard automatically patches things.
And it just says bad nintendo logo because it's homebrew. It doesn't matter for homebrew booted from the card, I'm pretty sure.

naruses

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it Means Beup Live wont work? Nooooooooooo

and there's no problems with the errors it just the emulator so that means they will work on my acekard,right?

and thanks Da-Bomb1

please reply me

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
naruses said:
So it Means Beup Live wont work? Nooooooooooo

and there's no problems with the errors it just the emulator so that means they will work on my acekard ?
Not really sure, I haven't tried running homebrew on nogba before...but I'm assuming it will. The acekard has basically perfect homebrew support with AKAIO, to my knowledge.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
naruses said:
Added some questions
...rest assured, the Acekard will run pretty much everything you throw at it. Just read the readme files that come with homebrew software, and you should be fine. Put the games anywhere you want. You can just make a folder called games and put them there. Doesn't make any difference either way.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
jakob95 said:
It will work when they hack the DSi.

speculation. unless you are a hardware expert. no one really knows what will work and what won't. what has been hacked are pieces by different people, there is no collaborative effort yet to find out what’s-what.

back on topic:
i've yet to find a homebrew that doesn't work in akaio. as for the dsi, i had no idea that homebrew wifi isn't working. is your network still using no-encryption or wep? i wonder if that wep/wpa dsi wifi has something to do with it.

-another world

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
jakob95 said:

speculation. unless you are a hardware expert. no one really knows what will work and what won't. what has been hacked are pieces by different people, there is no collaborative effort yet to find out what’s-what.

back on topic:
i've yet to find a homebrew that doesn't work in akaio. as for the dsi, i had no idea that homebrew wifi isn't working. is your network still using no-encryption or wep? i wonder if that wep/wpa dsi wifi has something to do with it.

-another world
Nope, I've found that homebrew wifi doesn't work. DSOrganize has its wifi disabled, so the touch screen won't even work for it. The wifi updaters don't work either.

naruses

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World

you were the submitter of Beup Live

Do you have a DSi with an acekard 2i ,does Beup Live connects to the WI-FI?

If you don't have one do you know if in DSi connects?

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
naruses said:
Another World

you were the submitter of Beup Live

Do you have a DSi with an acekard 2i ,does Beup Live connects to the WI-FI?

If you don't have one do you know if in DSi connects?
Hm...surprisingly enough, beup actually does work. I don't know why this one works but nothing else seems to though.

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beup works just fine w/ 2i & DSi. i've used it mysel. pretty nice, waiting for DS aim to be remade now
tongue.gif

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
Another World said:
jakob95 said:

back on topic:

-another world
Nope, I've found that homebrew wifi doesn't work. DSOrganize has its wifi disabled, so the touch screen won't even work for it. The wifi updaters don't work either.

I'd like to mention, I have successfully run wifi with an Acekard 2i, Akaio, and DsFtp, however, it is problematic.
DsFtp will connect to my home network correctly ever time it is run, however, only once has my computer been able to connect to the dsi's ftp server. (I only have tried three or four times, as I most of the time use my ds lite to run my acekard.)

I don't use DSOrganize (because of the touch screen issues on the dsi), so I am not sure if the wifi would work for me.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NESDS will sometimes not boot up correctly on DSi, you cannot move the cursor. DSOrganize is not compatible with the touch screen, for some reason.

Because they are homebrew, some of them have the bad Nintendo logo. And it will work on the DSi.

Fat_init fails because you are running it on an emulator.

Same thing with the DLDI: There is no DLDI for emulators. And it will work: but some homebrew need to be DLDI patched, so if they aren't then they won't work. However, Acekard 2i autopatches most homebrew automatically.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I think you're asking if homebrew, such as QuakeDS, that need folders for more files that they couldn't implement into the actual homebrew .nds will work. They will work on the DSi, unless you don't have the folders or the files. They will certantly will not work on the emulator because they need to have the correct DLDI patch in order to access these files: again, the emulator has no DLDI for itself.

4. You skipped this number moving on to five
nyanya.gif

5. and 6.

It doesn't matter where you put the .nds, as long as you can get to the file. But you can put them in folders to make it easier to access and sort.

Homebrew Wi-Fi works on DSi, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night