Hacking Some help with REgionfree on my PAL Wii

Alttabstwist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a back up copy of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom which prompted me to update, and I did, and the game simply doesn't work. I put it in and the Wii just cuts to black. I have a japanese copy of brawl and several NTSC games that work just fine, this is the only game I'm having trouble with.

I've tried using Regionfree in the homebrew channel, and there the game works, however the entire game plays out in shades of red (the only visible colours are reds and greys, it's very stressfull on the eyes to try to play). I heard this was a problem with Regionfree automatically loading the game in NTSC format, if this is true, does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

If I set my Wii to 50Hz mode, the Regionfree comes up in colour (on 60Hz it is also in red and black), however when I start the game it reverts back to the mangled red look. It may be Regionfree is forcing the game to start in 60z mode. I'd really appreciate some feedback guys

Thanks

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
I saw this posted at tehkky, and to be honest couldn't be bothered posting a reply, and now I'm out of my own ass, well out of looking after me daughter....for now hehe
smile.gif

Region Free? which version are you using old 1.5 region free? or GeckoOS?

Use this>>>>http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Gecko_Region_Free

Right seen as your trying to play a NTSC game on your PAL wii,
Open up that app GeckoOS on your wii via HBC, go to force video modes, select PAL 50

If that bring you to either Black/Green Screen........TRY A DIFFERENT SCART INPUT without forcing any video Modes....
One of your TV inputs may support NTSC like mine. (in other words, never ever have to FORCE VIDEO MODES via RGB on mine)

If none of that works, then you will have to find a PAL version of it....or convert it.

Alttabstwist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The disc IS in, it's still saying no DVD. I tried again and it DID find the disc once, however the wii just faded into a green screen and didn't boot the game.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: please forgive my ignorance

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
To both of you: GeckoOS doesn't work with backups.
Have you been hiding in the toilet or something?
OK, i have about 200 backups or so, all work throguh GeckoOS im modded....
If your'e not modded then it wont run through geckoOS alone....Use gamma built with gecko
Ah, modded? Oops. Sorry~

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Dec 14 2008, 05:24 PM)
To both of you: GeckoOS doesn't work with backups.
Have you been hiding in the toilet or something?
OK, i have about 200 backups or so, all work throguh GeckoOS im modded....
If your'e not modded then it wont run through geckoOS alone....Use gamma built with gecko

QUOTE said:
Ah, modded? Oops. Sorry~
Lol, no probs hehe..

Alttabstwist Are you modded? you haven't said!

Alttabstwist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I'm using a Wiikey. What shoulod I set all of the options to on Gecko OS, do you think? I don't get the DVD errors anymore, however I'm still just getting sent to a green screen

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
iv'e already said!
QUOTE said:
Right seen as your trying to play a NTSC game on your PAL wii,
Open up that app GeckoOS on your wii via HBC, go to force video modes, select PAL 50

If that bring you to either Black/Green Screen........TRY A DIFFERENT SCART INPUT without forcing any video Modes....
One of your TV inputs may support NTSC like mine. (in other words, never ever have to FORCE VIDEO MODES via RGB on mine)

If none of that works, then you will have to find a PAL version of it....or convert it.

try any of that NO LOOK? just leave the game alone and wait for pal.

Alttabstwist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean I should just leave it on the green screen and wait? Because it doesn't just go green screen, my wiimotes disconnect and I have to unplug the console to restart it

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You mean I should just leave it on the green screen and wait?
NO have i not just mentioned how to go about it, TWICE??

3rd time here goes.....

QUOTERight seen as your trying to play a NTSC game on your PAL wii,

If it wont play normally, Either download a pal version, convert NTSC to pal! OR buy A BETTER t.v.!!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Load gecko/gamma whatever one you need

option 1 press A = black/green screen or game works
option 2 highlight options press A select pal 60 press A = black/green screen or game works
option 3 highlight options press A select pal 50 press A = black/green screen or game works
option 4 highlight options press A select NTSC press A = black/green screen or game works

where i say options it may be configuration or settings just mooch through the options if that dont work

Stop pirating games buy a jap wii and a dgenuin copy of the game chances are theres no PAL release

Alttabstwist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried all those and none work, but thank you all for helping anyway.

Do you know where I can find a converter to turn the game into a PAL?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you play a game from the "other" region there a 2 different freezes. Freeze with a green screen and freeze with a black screen. The one means you have selected the wrong video mode and the other means you need to patch the video mode. If you get both freezes with the game, with normal and forced video mode, you need to patch the video mode. Try force your video mode and vidpatch. If this does not work, search for a programm to patch the video mode in the main.dol, like the generic wii patcher, patch it and reburn. You could also use my toy(http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122125), but that's very complicated. [Run the toy and extract the files to sd, patch them with a patcher like generic wii patcher, run the toy again with the patched files on sd. Oh and select to use the IOS the game wants, you have a modchip, right?]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night