Some help with iTouch DS and m3 gba expansion pack

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by theunoticeable, Jun 9, 2010.

1. theunoticeable
    OP

Newcomer theunoticeable Newbie

Canada
    I've been internet sleuthing for hours here,
    So I figured I'd ask here.

I have an iTouch DS and recently acquired an M3 gba expansion pack. The iTouch is great for running nds roms and homebrew, except for the opera NDS browser. I found a place to buy an M3 GBA expansion pack, they told me it would work as browser RAM to make the NDS browser rom work just fine.

Unfortunately, I put the browser rom on my iTouch card, open it, and I get a message to insert the browser expansion pack.

I figure there must be something I'm missing here....Can anyone offer some advice or step by step links to help me out?
    it would be much appreciated.

I'm Running iTouch DS (latest firmware) on a phat DS (the original) with the M3 GBA expansion pack in slot 2.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  3. theunoticeable
    OP

Newcomer theunoticeable Newbie

Canada
    Actually, I got it to work after about four more hours. So to anyone with a similar issue - here's how to do it:

http://www.simplepluseasy.net/ - This is where you download all the stuff.

As mentioned, I had an original DS, iTouchDS, and the M3 Real GBA expansion pack (though this should work with the ez flash IV 3-in-1 card as well)

First - Upgrade your iTouchDS to the latest firmware....V4.8b at the time of this writing.

Second - Download the nintendo DS patch tool provided on the page from the link above.
    Patch your 0591 Rom, stick it where you put roms on your iTouch card.
    Place your slot 2 card (expansion pack or 3-in-1) in the DS, put your iTouch card in,
    boot your DS and select the nintendo DS browser

Ding - It works.

4. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
    It seems this is OK, so move it to M3 forum.