Some help with ezfla_up

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Verocity, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Verocity
    OP

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    okay, I recieved my original Ez4 in the mail and loaded some gba and nds games onto it from EZClient, that all went well and I also played all NDS and GBA games successfully. Then I wanted to update the stock skin. So I took my ezfla_up.bin afrom EZSkinner, and put it in the root of the ds, then I got it to the update screen and it got to 93% then it stopped cold.

Now all I can do is gba mode with only gba games [​IMG] [​IMG]

Someone please help me..what did I do wrong?

2. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Well the fact that you can get to the GBA menu means that it should still be fixable as you can run the ezfla_up.bin from there. Not sure what you did wrong, sorry. But before you try anything else I would download the latest firmware and try again w/o running it through EZSkinner to make sure that EZSkinner wasn't part of the problem.

There is a slight chance that the cart you received is defective and that is the reason burning the new firmware failed... Or a good number of other things, but I think it's best to start w/ the simple obvious stuff first. [​IMG]

3. Verocity
    OP

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    Ok, so try a non skinned ezfla_bin? Where can I get that?

4. Verocity
    OP

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    I found the 'original' kernel..let me try that. But do you think its EZSkinner? Should I try EZ4 skin then..

5. Verocity
    OP

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    ok the original went fine, this must me the, skinner..thanks guys this topic is done...[​IMG]

6. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    EZSkinner has never failed for me, not sure what went wrong for you. Glad it's fixed though.