Some Help, please :(

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DomeFossil, Jun 22, 2008.

Jun 22, 2008

Some Help, please :( by DomeFossil at 1:12 PM (961 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. DomeFossil
    OP

Member DomeFossil GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Seeing as my Acekard 2 is either f*cking sh*t or fake as it causes the DS to freeze, I have decided to either chuck it in the bin or return it if I can. So, I have decided to get a much more credible slot-1 flashcard. Enter the R4, the only one I have access to. There is no way I'm getting a that low-budget Edge-thingy card if its as bad as the steaming pile of crap that is the Acekard 2. So, I have a couple of questions to ask you wonderful people before I rush into another potentially stupid purchase:

- Is the R4 compatible with NesDS, lameboy and SNESemul?

-And, if it isn't, can firmware be released to counter any of these imperfections or will it be a steaming vat of manure forever?

-Does it support Roms almost perfectly, and does it support DS download in Mario Kart?

-Could you show me some legit pictures of an R4 so I dont get freaking duped again. How will I know if it's fake?

Thanks, and sorry for sounding ranty. [​IMG]

2. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Actually I prefer the Acekard 2, but...it's your choice..

1) The three of them work on my R4 without any trouble.

2) If you're talking about commercial roms, you have to wait each new kernel revision. The R4DS is particularly slow releasing them, but pretty much every game I tried worked just fine.

Regarding homebrew, in most of the cases you just need to DLDI-patch the binary files. R4 does that automatically, but there are exceptions, I guess.

3) I've already answered that. About Mario Kart, I tested download play last week and works fine.

4) Here.

3. DomeFossil
    OP

Member DomeFossil GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Thanks, you're a champion! I think my Acekard 2 is fake, which is why it doesn't work like it should.