Some help on a weird issue- VC game won't delete, menu broken

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Praxis, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Praxis
    OP

Praxis GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2009
    United States
    I'm currently on 4.0, upgraded via kongsnutz's method. I have IOS249, IOS60 and IOS61 installed.

I've got an odd issue. I noticed that I had a VC game, Super Metroid, which I legally purchased and downloaded through Nintendo, that wouldn't copy to my SD card. When I hit Move, it worked, then gave me the error that "The data may not have been moved." As Super Metroid was a small game, I didn't worry about it.

I later found I had another game that was WAD-installed and took up a lot more space with the same issue. When I couldn't move it, I attempted to Erase it. The Wii promptly locked up- it kept spinning as if it was deleting for a half hour, and I could move the wiimote, but I couldn't do anything to stop the process. I eventually had to pull the plug.

When the Wii came back up, the game was gone from the menu. I went to the Channel management screen, but the icons never load and if I back up it freezes with a black screen.

I went into WAD Manager, and tried to uninstall through it. It said "Deleting title...OK!" then "Deleting contents..." and locked up there. Had to hard reset.

Same thing happens if I try to go to the SD card menu. It tries to load data from the SD card indefinitely. I know it's not a problem with the SD card being corrupted because I tried another card, same result.

I'm guessing the VC title isn't fully uninstalled and preventing the menu from loading. I can still play all my games, go into the shop channel, launch homebrew channel...how can I fix this?

Formatting isn't an option as I'd lose homebrew :/

Thanks!

2. brainwabrain

brainwabrain Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2006
    United States
    I've got the same problem. Did you ever find an answer?

3. crwys

crwys GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    if your menu is freezing up and wad manager is freezing up, im just gona guess that it has something to do with your ios files. try doing a downgrade so all the ios files will be overwritten?

4. muzz

muzz GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    You didn't install bannerbomb to your nand did you? I know my SD menu from 4.0 sysmenu will freeze with bannerbomb on an SD card. I haven't installed BB to my wii to test the theory but I would imagine the same.