Gaming some help installing CFW??

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have custom firmware then you can use it to make a pandora battery for use to install the firmware onto your psp. after that you can switch it back to a normal battery if you save the code from the battery.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Read the other topics. Pandora batteries can either be soft-modded with Despartar Del Cementario or other Pandora-making programs, or it can be hard-modded (cutting a connector on the chip).

To restore it, depending on your method, you either softmod back its IPL, or you solder back the chip connection (using a copper wire in place will do the trick).

EDIT: Pandora batteries are used to downgrade quickly and efficiently to v1.5 on the PSP Phat (on slim, it installs CFW 3.90 straight). v1.5 lets you run any application, and you can upgrade from there just by running the EBOOT.PHP of the CFW.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/10/22/one-wi...tware-required/

Two solder point method. If you get a piece of wire to run between the two points on the picture, instead of soldering it down, tape it with clear tape to the points. Make sure to tape off any other part of the wire that may touch something else to avoid problems. Once done, just take off the wire and tape up the battery and it will be fully functional.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
QUOTE said:
Two solder point method. If you get a piece of wire to run between the two points on the picture, instead of soldering it down, tape it with clear tape to the points. Make sure to tape off any other part of the wire that may touch something else to avoid problems. Once done, just take off the wire and tape up the battery and it will be fully functional.

What do you mean exactly? I can't understand what you mean...
- If you get a piece of wire to run between the two points in the picture
What do you mean by "wire"? and what do you mean by the "two points"? the 2 red squares on the tip of the red line?
- Tape it with clear tape to the points
Just any clear tape? like scotch? and what do you mean by "to the points?" just put tape over it?

can you post picture instructions, please?
and this can be done with only 1 PSP phat battery, without an extra battery, or without needing to buy a new battery after I'm done installing CFW?

The two red boxes are the soldering points. Get a very small piece of copper wire and get the two ends to touch the two points (red boxes).
Yes, any clear or scotch tape will work, I used clear tape because it was easy to take on and off without leaving any residue. I also wrapped any part of the wire that would touch the main board up with tape as well, to prevent any possible problems. Once you are done putting the wire in place, it is a pandora's battery. After you are done using it, just remove the wire, and it is back to a regular battery.

If you are considering using this method, I can take some pictures of what I did, but I have a PSP Slim, and the batteries are different. The method is the same, but it is just running it between two different points.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Or you could just buy a Datel TOOL battery. Whatever, really.

Yeah, but why waste more money, when you can just use some stuff you already have. I personally chose to mod a normal battery over buying a TOOL battery because now I have a spare.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it would work on a phat battery as well as it does on the slim batteries. I don't know exactly how it works, but I do know it works.

Here's a couple pictures to show the wire I used. I'm sorry the pictures are blurry, but my camera is kind of old and the light in my room is bad.
I put the wire next to a dime to show the size of it.
DSCN1101.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
so how does this wire taping affect the battery to turn it into a pandora's battery??

I think what happens is that when you cut the leg on the chip, the chip switches to a different circuit. This method just creates that circuit, so the result is the same. Originally you would have to solder the wire into place, onto the points, but I figured out that taping the wire into place works too, just that you have to make sure the wire is secure to the points.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
wait wait wait.
so in your method, I cut NOTHING ? just tape the copper wire on, and it would be a pandora's battery, and if I take the wire off, it will be a normal battery???

Exactly.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, you got the basics down for the battery. As far as PSP Grader goes, you will need to get the 1.5 and 3.80 eboots, which a google search of "All update eboots" will get you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: