OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Metroid Prime 2 -- Wii De Asobu, getting this thing to work is probably one of the hardest things I've done. iirc I had it working with CIOSCORP + Disc Channel boot or something of the sort, but I don't want to (nor can I) install it again.

So, does anyone have a fix to get this game working? Patching the IOS to 249 lets Multiplayer work, but when going into 1P, the game just has the 'LOADING...' text in Japanese, and then that goes away and I'm left with a black screen. I have CIOS Rev 21, with the latest NeoGamma loader.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Irixion said:
I've tried both IOS block methods. As to answer your question--difficulty settings.
Metroid Prime Trilogy can be played using the alt dol method. Use a cheat code to control your difficulty settings. I have no experience with Metroid Prime 2 - Wii De Asobu, so I cannot help you there.

SNEEK also allows for Metroid Prime Trilogy to be played without having to use the alt dol method and with complete control over difficulty.

Irixion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lacius said:
Irixion said:
I've tried both IOS block methods. As to answer your question--difficulty settings.
Metroid Prime Trilogy can be played using the alt dol method. Use a cheat code to control your difficulty settings. I have no experience with Metroid Prime 2 - Wii De Asobu, so I cannot help you there.

SNEEK also allows for Metroid Prime Trilogy to be played without having to use the alt dol method and with complete control over difficulty.

I don't own Trilogy though, and there's also multiplayer :x

Cheat codes? You mean with Ocarina? Last I checked (and this was a while ago) There wasn't such a code, could you point me to it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For this game you may need regular alt .dol loading from disc, just try the one(s) that are not main.dol. Also, since it's a japanese game, try to force japanese as language, it's required for many japanese games on not japanese Wiis.

If you play the game with alt .dol loading, then the difficulty is always veteran(i think), you can only play with slot 1, and the main menu is not avaiable.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Irixion said:
I don't own Trilogy though, and there's also multiplayer :x

Cheat codes? You mean with Ocarina? Last I checked (and this was a while ago) There wasn't such a code, could you point me to it?
Last I checked, there was multiplayer in Metroid Prime Trilogy as well. However, it requires SNEEK or a burned DVD-R DL with layer break. It is impossible to use multiplayer with a cIOS. :x

As for the difficulty settings when using the alt dol method, you can find the Metroid Prime Trilogy cheat codes here. I can confirm that all the difficulty modifiers work. I also pasted them below for easy access:
Difficulty Modifer (Mp1) (Press Left) [Sharkbyte]
2852A5CA 00000001
CE000000 80008180
047DF8C8 0000000X
E0000000 80008000
0= normal 1= veteran 2= hypermode

Difficulty modifier (Mp2) (press left) [Sharkbyte]
2853300A 00000001
CE000000 80008180
047A8160 0000000X
E0000000 80008000

Difficulty modifier (Mp3) (press left) [Sharkbyte]
285F72CA 00000001
CE000000 80008180
0496A338 0000000X
E0000000 80008000
Again, SNEEK is also a viable alternative.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Irixion said:
Does a MPT ISO determine the correct layer break? I have a few DVD + R DLs laying around...
I am not sure since I use the Metroid Prime Trilogy with Metroid Prime 3 cut out of it in order to save space. See this thread for more details about playing multiplayer on Metroid Prime Trilogy.

toanwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to use the cheat code Difficulty Modify for MP1 and i set it for normal difficulty (change X into 0) but when i'm in the MPT main menu then i press Left on D-pad and start MP1 it just shown the MP1 loading screen then freeze there! Could someone help me out?

toanwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the MP1 dol: rse_mp1.dol or something like that. And yeah even when i use cheat start the the game through the main menu without pressing left it still freeze at the loading screen!:(

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
toanwii said:
I used the MP1 dol: rse_mp1.dol or something like that. And yeah even when i use cheat start the the game through the main menu without pressing left it still freeze at the loading screen!:(
Only use the cheat if you play alt-dol. To get the game to run, try a clean, unpatched copy of the game and use the alt-dol method.

toanwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have an original copy of it and like i said when i used alt.dol to launch MP1 dol with cheat difficulty modifier it freeze at the green screen! Or maybe the problem is cIOS? I installed cIOSX rev20 with base IOS57 in order to play Metroid Other M.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night