cristakke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello everybody

SORRY for the qwerty MISTAKE on topic....is Supercard mini SD

I'm newbie in the GBA World, but I want to learn.

My problem is simple in fact but.....I have no solution :(

I buy 2 GameBoy Advance SP consoles.

One was buyed from USA and another one was form Europe.

Also I buy only one Supercard mini SD http://eng.supercard.../minisd_jj.html as you see.

In the European console GBA works perfect but with USA console GBA don't work anymore.

When I insert the Supercard mini SD appear on the screen only GAMEBOY write with blue on white screen with no write Nintendo under.
I had luck I buy with USA console 3 games, but meanwhile the boys are finish those games and that's why I try to "upgrade" the games with something big size.

The micro SD card I used is Kingston 2GB formatted FAT.

Any ideas how to to to play games in the USA console with Supercard mini SD card ?

Maybe the firmware issue ? version ? Some link with serial from back of the GBA ?

Thank you in advance

Any advice is VERY appreciated

Best
cristakke

cristakke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes I know the card games works fine in all regions Japan - USA and Europe.

The strange thing is the downloaded games ( zip files ) transfered with software ( SC SD v2.71 ) downloaded from http://eng.supercard.sc/soft_sd.htm DONT play / boot / startup from GBA buyed in USA.

Only original Game cards I can PLAY on this GBA SP console.

Any ideea how to make Supermini sd card loaded full with gba files / sci files TO be playable in the USA GBA SP console ?

I try also to upgarde the firmware Firmware V1.85 (2008.03.18) but the console didn't startup / boot , or read the bin file from the root of the card. I try also another mcro sd card, because I thought the micro sd card is broken, but the same problem, didn't sratup or boot.

I try to be more precise and I know is wired but I dont want to buy another GBA console, I try to make this "stubborn" to run/ play.

I search also with google to find any solution but I didn't find something similar...maybe have somebody one cazy idea or method to do it.

Thx in advance
cristakke

cristakke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Not exactly. What he's claiming is the flash cart and roms work on a Europe model GBA SP, yet not a USA model GBA SP. Which shouldn't even be possible unless defective hardware.

Yes, the games work in GBA Europe and in US don't but why original game cards I could play in US console very well many times even now and the supercard mini sd doesnt work in the same console. Where is the defective hardware ? the supercard ( its working in another one ) or GBA US ?

I try gba games form different sources and with all the same problem. Please give one link to download only one gba file who is good in your opinion and I try with this.

best regard
cristakke

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What about a fake GBA? The USA system like I've shown will normally have "USA" printed next to "made in china", and Nintendo's american phone number on a sticker.

sa2406361522-ob.jpg

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
buy from another user that has a real supercard, you still have to meet the requirements for the trade section. or buy from somewhere else that is known to sell real supercard gba flashcarts.

Well you got a fake something, you better start by identifying what you got is a real whatever or a fake. that includes the gba/sp itself as well.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It could be that the cartridge slot contacts on the US GBA are slightly dirty or rusty so that they can barely read a regular cartridge but not your flashcart.
Try cleaning up the contacts with a q-tip and a little rubbing alcohol very carefully and see what happens.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the "Nintendo" logo is garbled, that means that it is a hardware failure. You said that this Supercard works with another GBA, right? In that case, do what Arm73 said and use some rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts of both the Supercard and the GBA.

This has nothing to do with USA vs Europe region differences, and nothing to do with software, and nothing to do with firmware versions. The metal contacts aren't pressing together correctly, and that is the issue.

On a side note, you did well in purchasing a 2 GB miniSD card since the Supercard miniSD doesn't support anything larger than 2 GB.

EDIT: I re-read the first post, and I don't know if you bought a miniSD card or if you bought a microSD card with a micro-to-mini adapter, but the Supercard MiniSD works best with an actual miniSD card. They are difficult to find nowadays, but they're still out there. Again though, this is something you should only be concerned with after you clean the contacts and get past the garbled Nintendo logo.

cristakke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I clean the contacts and the same failure. Yes I buy micro sd card 2gb with some enclosures to insert in the Flash SUPERCARD, otherwise I coudn't insert the card. I think is a hardware failure with no solution, maybe another GBA console in the end.

THANK You for your solutions, but I'm still open to something new to try ...
Cristakke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1