Some games dont work in same Emunand via RXTOOLS but work via GW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pecrow, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I have noticed something and have not found much info on it, wanted to share to see if others are encountering the same.

I have a N3DS *Jap* on 9.2. I use Gateway and RXTOOLS both using the same emunand on 9.5.

If I access the emunand via the mset or themehax/manager I am able to play games fine, but if I use RXTOOLS to access the same emunand I am unable to play some games, for example Terraria.

I have created a simple youtube video showing the first start of terraria via GW works fine, then if I restart into RXtools it does not launch.

PS:
    Additionally some games stopped working completely when they were working either via GW or RXtools and lunching via CIA and .3ds it also stopped working, I have noted this only with Chibi-Robo and I do not know why. I had recently donde a fresh install of everything, created a new emunand, and after I did this Chibi stopped working. Not sure if anyone has seen something similar to this either. But its not that important,

PSS: If interested, background music is from Mr Nobody OST.

2. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    I think those games require higher emunand to work, get the cryptofixed version or the fw spoofed ver

Last edited by Sinon, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    This one is I believe, atleast terraria. It iss under the same emunand and it works fine under GW, Same version emunand 9.5 that RXTOOls uses.

Sinon likes this.
  4. masenko

masenko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2007
    Nottingham, England
    gateway has an ap fix, rxtools doesn't. that's why one works and other doesn't.

Sinon likes this.
  5. Pecrow
    OP

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the reply, not sure why I was expecting a more complicated response, lol